1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 slim shot need advise

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tickman, Apr 19, 2007.

1. tickman

tickman Guest

My 70012cb ps2 slims laser is gone (??) I bought a new one 802w and didnt spin disk. I tryed it in my fiends slim at work and the new one worked. Something must be wrong woth MB. I had the two switches soidered so I could open the door and use swap disc. Have no idea on why laser itnt working. Do know it ran hot all the time. was it entertainment center.

1. Can I upgrade the slim with a internal or external HD without the laser working.

2. I was going the go to gamespot and get a fat ps2 and ungrade later. but believe there are the 30001 models. The 39000 and 50000 models are better right.

like to spend around $150 either on a mod or a new system
    thanks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

1. not really because you need a disc called USB Extreme to run the hard drive. So if it can not load it then it will not run the hard drive

2. Without having to look those numbers up i can tell you V7 is what you want. After that V5/6 is pretty good too. As far as spending $150 that is not going to happen unless you go really cheap, which you will be sorry for later. The system will run $100 plus tax at Gamestop. A good chip is about $40-$55, and the install for it would be another $35 plus shipping.

I know that Teammodders.com sell premodded V7 systems for:
    $200-$220
    $200 with Duo3 Gold
    $210 with Crystal CHip V2.0
    $215 with Matrix Infinity
    $220 with DMS4 Pro SE

3. tickman

tickman Guest

whats the best chip and do they need to be flased before reading backups and what program is best to play off a HArddrive good

4. tickman

tickman Guest

okay going to get a premodded V7
    what the total price for it at Teammodders.com
    i seen a 35 chip install and price of chip is that included in the 210

5. steimy

steimy Active member

the price they give should include the chip and install yes. But i would ask them just to be sure. Not sure if they charge for shipping.

For a hard drive you probably want the Crystal Chip V2.0 (you can download a mega pack that has the program to run it)
    Or the DMS4 Pro SE which has the program built into the flash to run a hard drive.

The reason they do not come flashed i suppose is for legal reasons. If they are not flashed (running the original chip BIOS) then they will not do anything illegal, like play back up games. It is the hacked firmware that gives the chip all it's features.
    O know DMS4 Pro SE runs on ToxicOS V0.41, do not know what the latest Crystal Chip V2.0 firmware is so ask around about that and what you need to run the hard drive.

The Crystal chip has some features most people like, It will auto patch back ups for online play and has in game reset. It is the only chip i know that has those. In game reset (IGR) is a feature made popular with the Xbox. You press a combo of butons and it will exit the game and go back to whatever the main menu of the chip is. Meaning if you have a hard drive you can play a game, do IGR, and just start playing another one without leaving your seat to press reset.