1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 slim trick free?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by infamo23, Jan 21, 2007.

1. infamo23

infamo23 Member

I'm so confused about doing the swap trick for the slim ps2, but i read its free but sometimes i read i have to buy that swap magic thing. And also can't seem to find a clear way to do it. Is there a way to do it with out buying it and without using one of those game shark things.

2. infamo23

infamo23 Member

the only reason i want to do this is to play guitar hero 2 songs with ones i've added to it(theres a mod for that). I was just wondering, what if i just started to load the original, and just swap in the edited one i created. wouldn't that work? I also have a slim ps2

3. croy00

croy00 Member

Sorry man but this is not free. You have to buy swap magic I have 3.6 plus. It does an amazing job. I bought mine from www.awsatellites.co.uk It was like $35US and had free shipping. They also accept paypal which is a bonus. Just remember to specify whether you need pal or ntsc. There are many guides on here for using swap magic that go into detail just search swap magic guide or help. Basically for the slim it comes with three tools that fit in the drive area where you put the disk that fools the ps2 into thinking that the door is closed and you aren't swapping anything. You start up swap magic and at a certain point swap it for a backup or import. Simple cheap and you don't have to take apart your ps2 or void the warranty. For help inatalling the tools go to youtube and type in swap magic there is a great video on there. Good luck