1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Slim version meltdown! -plz read

Discussion in 'PS2' started by emerica7, Nov 26, 2004.

1. emerica7

emerica7 Member

I recently bought a new slim ps2 after i realized i needed a new one so i got a slim. It worked perfect for about 3 weeks then when i played it one day for about 4 hours straight it shut off and i smelled burning smell. so i went to it popped it open and took out my disc. The disc was pretty warm the i looked at the back of it. Then i saw a white dot on it and realized that it was a burn on it. LIke my ps2 was trying to burn a hole through it! i havent tried to do anything with it yet and the and the Sony technical support is closed right now. This problem has never accord before, and i have a friend that played his regular ps2 for 12 hours straight once! So if anyone has any information that could help please reply! Thanks!

2. Willmatic

Willmatic Guest

Return it to the place where you bought it and try to exchange it or get a refund. You may need to have your original reciept handy along with the box and manuals/accessories. If not, do a search for authorized sony service centers in your area and take it there.

3. blinx

blinx Member

i bought it for about 1 month and i play on 24/7 and nothin happin to my ps2 and its slim too so i think the problem is maybe from the voltage of the electricity in your house is not like the one on the ps2