1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Slim weak laser. HElP! :-(

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Bruce_34, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Bruce_34

Bruce_34 Member

Here's the scenario:

Skip to the 2nd paragraph to bypass the somewhat useless story.

I bought myself a new V12 laser because the laser in the Ps2 I just recently acquired had a pretty bad crack in the actual lens part. I put the new laser in and the light won't come on to read the disc. I later found out that they sometimes come with an anti-static solder point that needs to be removed. Ok cool no biggie. So I searched and found A Very Handy Solution from DavieSlim. Done deal. Anti-static soldering point gone. I hook up the laser and I get a VERY weak laser light that won't even shine through the ps2 disc like normal. I figured I had a defective laser, until I put the laser into my other V12. Works fine with no problems at all.

I have 2 V12 lasers(1 from the ps2 I had before and the new one). Neither one of them work in the "retarded Ps2 slim". I get a very weak laser signal. However both work just fine in the ps2 I had before with no problems at all.
    Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be. A fuse of some sort maybe? I'm open to any handy suggestions

2. Bruce_34

Bruce_34 Member

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007