1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 (slim) won't play games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by BBCater, Nov 12, 2007.

1. BBCater

BBCater Member

Anyone who can give me some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased a slim PS2 for my son just over three weeks ago from Target. Yesterday, it stopped playing games - but the DVD player still works fine. The system starts to load, and then it gives me a "copy data" prompt, but there is no destination for copying any data - not that I even know what that means.

I went to Target today and asked the unhelpful dork at the counter and he basically said "your son probably broke it - nothing we can do about it". I told him that the machine hadn't moved, and that it was working fine in the morning. He shrugged his shoulders and said "buy a new one". Three weeks old, and that's my response?

Anyway - anyone have any ideas?

2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Thats bloody ridiculous, I would say if you have your receipt yet, then go back to target and speak with the manager. If the warranty sticker is still intact, then they have to replace it. You just say it quit working and won't play games like its supposed to. The PS2 has a 1 yr warranty on them.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007