1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 slim wont read silver discs... Help!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by tenrag#1, May 4, 2005.

1. tenrag#1

tenrag#1 Member

i recently purchased a ps2 slimline ver12 and it wont play any silver game discs but it plays the black or blue/purple discs. when i insert the silver disc it does'nt load, and when i go into browser all it just continually says reading disc... what could be the problem? Is there a remedy?

2. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

Sounds like it's the laser, you should try cleaning it and if that doesn't work realligning the laser. Here's a guide on how to do it:
    http://www.cyber-mag.com/station/laserPS2.htm
    Is the ps2 modded? Cause you'ld have to void the warranty to clean the laser, and if you haven't voided the warranty already it'ld probably be better to just take it back and have sony deal with it.

3. tenrag#1

tenrag#1 Member

thanks for the help, i'll try cleaning it first, but its not the old ps2 version its the slimline and it doesn't look like it has the gear for adjusting... (warranty already voided)

4. tenrag#1

tenrag#1 Member

i cleaned it but it still does'nt work

5. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

I don't know what to do then, the colors of the disk tells the laser at what angle to shine the laser on the disk, so the fact that the ps2 can read blue disks but not silver means that it's almost deffinetly a problem with the laser. Beyond that though I don't really know what to say, sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

6. tenrag#1

tenrag#1 Member

Thanks anyway