1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Slimline DRE

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Nictoriou, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Nictoriou

Nictoriou Member

Hey people! I've got a new ps2 SLIMLINE 70011, bought it used for 30 bucks now my problem is that it does not read ps2 dvd games, but will read cd games and regular ps1 games. I have tried adjusting a little screw behind the laser that says "DVD" which i'm guessing is the voltage.. i may be wrong. So by now u can see i can't get my warrantee on it because the sticker is removed, I am begging anyone to help me please hehe, even if i have to buy a new laser, where could I, but I'd rather much more fix it. Thank you everyone for your time and help.

...and i'm not sure if it's modded

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  2. steimy

steimy Active member

If the sticker isn't there anymore then it had to be opened up at some time, for some reason.
    It may be modded and if they did a poor job you may be screwed. either that or they opened it up trying to fix the same problem you are having and couldn't so they sold it.
    Where did you get it? Can you contact that person and get your money back? I would.
    $30 is way, way, way, too cheap for a new slim PS2 considering they sell for $150 new.

3. Nictoriou

Nictoriou Member

sorry my mistake i meant the sticker was removed by me and i'm pretty sure it was still intact when i removed it.. (pretty sure). But thats the good thing about 30 bucks it's like if it doesn't work oh well... but i'd really like to fix it.... i've read that ps2 repair guide and still fooling around with the volatage levels, i'm trying between 650-1000 Ohms resistance and boy it's SUPER sensitive. does anyone know like "THE" right level??