1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 slimline power issue.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by cokemusic, Aug 7, 2007.

1. cokemusic

cokemusic Member

For some reason my PS2 Slimline adapter has completley stopped working , this isn't a problem with my PS2 ( I hope ) as I have tested my friends AC adapter on my PS2 and it worked just fine.

I ordered a replacement adapter on ebay and it hasn't arrived for over a week , i'm hoping this is related to the postal strikes currently in the UK.

Anyway i'm extremley bored and need a quick and cheap alternative , I tried connecting my 5V psp adapter to my PSP slimline which requires an 8.5V input but all it does it make the PS2 start up for about 2 seconds and then turn off.

Anyway I was thinking that if I get a universal adapter and connect the 5V connector end to the PS2 then turn up the voltage to 9 ( because 8.5V isn't availible on the adapter) would the PS2 slimline work ?

[​IMG]

# Sliding voltage selector switch with power indicator.

# Convert mains to 3, 4.5, 5, 6, 9 or 12 volts.

# 7 interchangeable connector ends.

# 1.8m lead.

# Power on indicator.

# For use with protable music players, DVD players, cameras, electronic games and most other portable devices.

# Rated current of device must not exceed 1200mA.

2. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

As long as the voltage matches EXACTLY (not lower or higher) & the output regulates properly, go for it. Just keep in mind that if you fry your PS2 it will be over a $20 adapter. Palm Pilots & other stuff is less tricky, who knows with PS2/PS2/PSP? I'd be careful.

3. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

I am not sure I sometimes use my PS2 Slim adapter for my PSone (Small)
    Which requires a 7.5V and adapter is 8.5V I never had a hitch with this.

4. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

but you realize that if the voltage is too high, it could destroy your ps2/psp. Always match voltages to what they require. Not worth the risk