1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 SLIMLINE PROBLEM

Discussion in 'PS2' started by naz2k4, Jan 3, 2005.

1. naz2k4

naz2k4 Guest

My slimline ps2 has been making a funny noise lately, as if the fan is hitting something while rotating. Its not too annoying and all my games work perfectly but its just that this has never happened before and it happens even when there is no game inserted. What should i do? i dont want to send it back because it will take 2 - 3 weeks minimum!

2. Dix_Fix

Dix_Fix Regular member

Have you tried to see if something (dog hair,fluff,etc)is touching the fan.Try blowing it out a very strong breath or can of compressed air.

3. jamieuk

jamieuk Guest

send it back to sony for repair or replacment dont event think about opening it up your self as you will viod your warranty

4. naz2k4

naz2k4 Guest

Crap, i opened it :D. I know its the fan now and im trying to get some mini screwdrivers to get the fan off and have a look. I prefer to fix things on my own ;-) Thanks for your help anyway guys

5. hubbie88

hubbie88 Member

let us know too cos mine makes that noise too

6. naz2k4

naz2k4 Guest

Will do, i have found a solution for time being. Put the PS2 on its side so its vertical and it gets rid of the noise :)

7. Jixxer

Jixxer Member

Its under warranty for a year ...keep using it ...bring it back at 11 months and get it fixed if it lasts that long...no really just get it looked at ...you can do with out video games for a couple of weeks cant you ???? ;D

8. naz2k4

naz2k4 Guest

Actually, the noise has pretty much gone. if i was you i would just leave it for now and see if it goes but if it dont then just open it up and get the fan out and take a look.