1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 SLIMLINE SWAP MAGIC INSTALLATION

Discussion in 'PS2' started by adrianna, Dec 14, 2004.

1. adrianna

adrianna Member

hi everyone! i just purchased the swap magic disks 3.3 however i have the new ps2 slimline can anyone tell me what changes i have to make to the ps2 before i insert the discs. i found a page that tells me to use a straw but i don't think that is doing the trick. if anyone can help me please let me know

2. succubus

succubus Member

if u don't care about voiding your warranty, just open up your ps2 and you will see little switches, theyre both on the bottom portion of the ps2, one is in the back, one is near the front. u have to tape them down so the ps2 thinks the lid is closed. otherwise your swap magic discs won't work.

tape the one in the back down with tape, i used clear duck tape, cutting it in thin strips and covering the switch.

then tape the hole on the top portion of the ps2 that the front switch pokes through. cover the hole up carefully with tape so the switch can't poke through the hole.

here is the link to the thread that has the step by step guide with pictures:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/117041