1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 slimline & swapmagic

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by pro`noob, Mar 20, 2005.

1. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

dont waste money on magic switch, just carefully open ps2 leaving warranty sticker intact and tape down or superglue the 2 internal sensors that detect when the lid is open. take a screwdriver and remove the cd brake pulling it oput through the top of the ps2.
    then just close ps2 back up and use with swapmagic, just remember to power off the ps2 when you swap to a different game to stop the disc spinning.

2. Manh

Manh Regular member

man, why spend all the time doing that, and may F*uk up ur system, just get a flip top package that comes with the swap magic disk, cuz u have to order those discs anyways, may as well get the package, and save ur system

3. dbgt1121

dbgt1121 Guest

i did it works great cause my magic switch broke

4. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

Manh,

1. to save money on buying a fliptop

2. to keep your warranty sticker in one piece (dunno if it braks with fliptop tbh)

3. if you like me and upgraded to slimline from standard ps2 and have only slidetool and sm disc - i could easily order fliptop but at this very moment i would still be stuck waiting for it to arrive in the mail and unable to play any of my games.

4. because i spent a while searching for a diy way to make magic switch and couldnt find one so maybe this will help some1 else :)

5. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I've had no problems with the tape mod. Simple to do, took me less than 10 minutes. And it's free, and does the exact same thing as the $30-ish fliptop.

I guess you could say that the fliptop is more stable, less likely to ever 'stop working'. But, I've used this for over 3 months and it still works flawlessly for me so far. Definitely worth it to me anyways, but to each his/her own.

6. recondo

recondo Guest

I bought smd3.3 and magic tool,but didnt like having to keep the lid open all the time, I taped down sensor C, used the magictool for the B slot and used a small spitwad paper ball for the A sensor. This has worked fine for me, its been about a month or so.