1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Slimline won't turn on after being opened

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Atomicate, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Atomicate

Atomicate Member

2. Atomicate

Atomicate Member

I forgot to mention, I'm not getting any form of a led. No red no green nothing. Is it possible that I bent the power/reset cord and somehow broke it?

3. Hack_Zero

Hack_Zero Regular member

It's most likely the cord going from the PS2 to the chip for the LED button. Did you disconnect it at all?

4. Atomicate

Atomicate Member

Not at first but after I'd had the problem I disconnected it and rehooked it up to see if it fixed anything to no avail.

5. jhardluck

jhardluck Member

I had the same issue. There is a little white square soldered onto the front of the little board behind where the power button is on the PS2 case. It popped of the board offwhen I opened my PS2 case. I do not have a soldering iron but, I did manage to super glue the piece back onto the soldering point and it started working again.

6. Hack_Zero

Hack_Zero Regular member

Yea try that <_<

7. LaskRau

LaskRau Member

I'm about to open my slim PS2 (ver 14) because I'm fed up with magic key 3 and the straw method, I can't get them to work.
    Any tips for preventing this from happening when I open the PS2? I've heard a few horror stories like this one and I'd rather it not happen to me. I've read a few guides and seen a video, and they make it seems pretty simple, but still...
    Thanks for any replies.