1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 slimmer with flip top

Discussion in 'PS2' started by beef265, Jan 20, 2005.

1. beef265

beef265 Member

i recently purchased a slimmer ps2, installed the flip top, but when i finished i realized there was a small black spring on my table. I am not sure where this spring came from, and i was just hoping someone could help me figure out where it goes.. I have a picture of what the spring looks like if anyone can help, its small, black , one end goes into a long straight peice of metal with a squiggly on it, the other end of the spring just stops short... plz any feed back would be appreciated

2. A.Beast

A.Beast Guest

It might be the spring that makes the standard fliptop, or I guess the installed fliptop function properly.

When you push the blue eject button the whole door should spring up. If it doesn't, and you basically have to lift the entire hatch (not just the innner circle for swapping) when pressing the eject button, then that is probably it.

I don't know too much about the inner dynamics of the ps2, but I'm pretty confident this could be the spring you are talking about.

3. Mormegil3

Mormegil3 Guest

Hey beef, I found an alternate version for installation of the flip-top. Check out this link. It explains the spring and what to do with it.

http://www.ps2lid.com/

Hope that helped.

4. beef265

beef265 Member

Mormegil, you are my hero, thank you so much.. you have no idea how much stress that little damn spring was giving me.. :-d

5. Mormegil3

Mormegil3 Guest

No problem man. I'm going to use that page when I install mine. I just need to figure out where to order the fliptop and swapmagic 3.3 from.

6. beef265

beef265 Member

mormegil, i ordered mine from www.modchip.com... they have pretty reliable service, i did it with UPS shippin, cost me an extra 15 bucks .. but i got 2 days later...

7. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

i got my SM 3.3 and fliptop off of http://gocybershop.ca

REALLY fast shipping- Overnight shipping (7.45CND) recieved it next day!

8. papifred

papifred Member

www.consolesource.com is a good choice

9. Mormegil3

Mormegil3 Guest

Yeah, they are pretty reliable. I just ordered my fliptop and swapmagic from them and I received it today. Easy installation and everything is working fine. The shipment was really quick to get here too.

10. jr_nos04

jr_nos04 Guest

I just bought a ps2 slim and I'm gona get a modchip for it but i need to know what version it is. Does anyone know how i can find that out? I know you can go to the version screen and then what?

11. pcroxton

pcroxton Guest

http://www.ps2fliptop.com is also a great site too.

check out their PSTwo Slim Frosted replacement case and with an option to install SLIM-Tools or Magic switches.

12. papifred

papifred Member

jr_nos04, with the serial number you will be able to know. I understand that SCPH-70011 correspond to USA model. Canada other have the SCPH-70012. At least the first one correspond to version 11 of the PS2, not shure about the latter, I think is version 11 too, you need to verify.

13. papifred

papifred Member

Have anyone had problems with Terminator3 The Redemption, loaded with SMD 3.3 ?

14. pcroxton

pcroxton Guest

V12

The new mini PS TWO SCPH-7000x

SCPH-70012 CB (for United States)
    SCPH-70011 CB (for North America)
    SCPH-70002 CB (for Oceania)
    SCPH-70003 CB (for UK)
    SCPH-70004 CB (for Europe)
    SCPH-70000 CB (for Japan)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2005
  15. jr_nos04

jr_nos04 Guest

papifred, the model no. of my ps2 slim is SCPH-70012.
    How can i find out the version of my ps2?

16. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

you have a version 12...all the 7000 series are version 12

17. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

and i got a modchip in my version 12 (SCPH-70012) because i wasnt liking the fact of swapping... and the chip is perfect. (already tried 13 games)

18. mod155

mod155 Member

BMXER,
    what chip did you get? and where did you get it? i am looking for one but i dont know where to get one or even which one to get.

19. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

i have the Matrix Infinity, and I got it at a local store near me called JK Zone (I live in ON,CANADA) so I would reccomend the Matrix chip but just look around your area for people who sell the Infinity and compare prices. Or you could always buy online and get a certified chip seller to install it for you... but do some research around your area and find out. Overall this chip is fantastic!