1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 Slow

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Goldy_200, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Goldy_200

Goldy_200 Member

I've a matrix infinity1.2 chip,and lately when i play mostly all my backup games not to sure if it does the same to my normal games but I put the disk in then it takes me to the normal screen, so i click on browser then it jus comes up disk read error so i have to keep reseting or opening and closing the disk tray and eventually it will work, just wondering if
    anyone has been having the same problem and could give me some advice on what to do,i've also tried puttin the disk speed and the other thing to fast and smooth but i think this makes it worse, i was thinking of gettin a new laser installed. any help would be nice thank you.

2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

did you install the chip yourself and what version PS2 is it? perhaps you blew out your LA chip.

3. Goldy_200

Goldy_200 Member

No some1 else installed the chip, and im not too sure wot version it is but i know is not below version 5 or 6.

4. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

maybe they forgot to the "romeo install" and now it has fried your LA chip. when that happens you keep the "Disc Read Error" thingy.