1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Sonic Heroes Swap Magic fix guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by L-Burna, Feb 1, 2004.

1. B-R

B-R Member

SORRY I FORGOT TO SAY HOW COME U CANT BUST THE ISO U JUST CREATED WITH ISO BUSTER JUST TO CHECK WHATS ACTUALLY IN THE ISO.

THANKS AGAIN

ITS REALLY COLD DOWN HERE

2. CHADSR

CHADSR Member

Hello my heroes iso is only 1.17mb.what am i doing wrong.please help me.

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The Iso file is 2.9 Gig close to 3 Gig actually but should be somewhere around there.I can look at the files of the iso with buster with the iso I created it is nothing special just use the iso you just made and open it up in isobuster and it should display all the files.

4. B-R

B-R Member

let me get this right

the files u copy is sonic.000 sonic.001 sonic.002 and thats its no other file.

am i right please tell

thanks.

i've done that and just one more thing i wanna make sure. i have the SLPM 65431 file instead of the SLUS 20718 so do i type in the SLPM 65431 in the disk name.

thanks again u've been i big help.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2004
  5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey wats up the files you just mentioned are just for creating the iso file the iso file is the one you will need to copy.After you have copied the iso file you should be able to view all the files in it.You will need to do the dos command to create your iso such as this go to your start menu click on Run... now type in cmd or command in the box in run and click enter on your keyboard.If you did it right you should see this
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>
    Now just type this in
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>cd C:\ and press enter you can change the end C:\ to whatever drive you are using where you stored all your .iml and .ims files.
    Now it should give you something like this
    C:\>
    Just type this in
    C:\>copy /b sonic.000 + sonic.001 + sonic.002 sonicheroes.iso and hit enter
    This should make your iso file to burn the game with the fix.The thing you should look at is the sonic.000,001,and 002 files you should type the name of them in whatever you saved them as.I just saved mine as sonic.The iso file you can name whatever you want.I named mine sonicheroes but you can name the iso file something you like doesn't matter but name it something different than your .iml files the files sonic.000,001,and 002 if you name the iso file the same as them then you might get a error and might not create the iso file.Peace L-Burna

6. B-R

B-R Member

thanks a lot.

i've done that and just one more thing i wanna make sure. i have the SLPM 65431 file instead of the SLUS 20718 so do i type in the SLPM 65431 in the disk name.

thanks again u've been i big help.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2004
  7. houghton1

houghton1 Member

hi, i need t o know where the sony cd/dvd software can be downloaded from. thanks in advance.

Tim.

8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah just replace the SLPM file where the Slus file is then change the Disc Name to SLPM-65431 and the LBA of that file should be 301.I think you can find cd/dvd gen off of google or one of those just search for iml2iso and stuff referring to iml files and you should find it.Another site that has it is Suprnova.org which you might not be able to download it depending on seeds from bittorrent but if you do get it downloading then you should be fine because they barely have fakes off of there.I also noticed that edonkey and overnet have it off of there you might have better luck getting it from there so try that out first make sure you get sony cd/dvd generator v1.20 or v1.50 one of those.

9. eurobum

eurobum Member

Hi Burna,

I must did something wrong because after I cliked the RECORD (not BURN) button, CD/DVDGEN just gave me 2 files, 1 iml and 1 ims, on my C:\ drive as I mentioned to you above.
    Now let me back track to the first steps. I used isobuster to read the ISO file created with dvd decripter. Once those files were in the right window of isobuster, I did right click on the ISO folder on the left window and cliked EXTRACT to another folder. I replaced the DUMMY.BIN Fixed file with the original one and followed the other steps by the letter.
    Here is what I mentioned to you last time :

Thanks Nurna ... I'm watching the Superbowl ... :)

I got on the files in order in CD/DVD Gen, retyped the number, got the stars, typed the disk name SLUS 20718 then click the RECORD (not burn) button.
    It gave me 2 warnings like (unit not connected + initialisation failed) then it switched me to another windows where I clicked on QUIT to get out of it. CD/DVDGEN just gave me 2 files, 1 iml and 1 ims, on my C:\ drive not sonic.001, sonic.002 etc...Please help ... Thanks ...

10. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

When you click on Record eurobum you will get those errors but then a window will pop up.At the top of the window in the record now window I am talking about go to file and click on export .iml files.Now when it asks you where to put them just press The C:\ drive this is where you need to put them.Now it should start showing a bar yellow moving across the screen this is creating your .iml files on your C:\ drive.When you go and look on your C:\ after it finishes look to see if you get this sonic.000 , sonic.001 , sonic.002 if you don't have these files then something is wrong.This means you missed a step somewhere could be a really easy step that you just missed somewhere if this doesn't work.Make sure you use the dos to build the iso after you see those files and the iso file should be close to 2.9 gig so make sure you see that.Peace L-Burna make sure if you don't get it this time to come talk to me again and I will hook you up with a answer on it

11. eurobum

eurobum Member

Burna... It works ... I would like to express my appreciations to you ... Not only because I can make it works but you did spend your time to guide us step by step to make it happen ... and also you're very patient with all our ignorant questions ... Thanks again ...

12. eurobum

eurobum Member

Burna... It works ... I would like to express my appreciations to you ... Not only because I can make it works but you did spend your time to guide us step by step to make it happen ... and also you're very patient with all our ignorant questions ... Thanks again ...

13. ash24_17

ash24_17 Member

[bold] HEY ALL JUST TO LET YOU THANKS FOR THE GUIDE. I HAVE THE PAL VERSION AND THE ABOVE GUIDE WORKS WITH THE PAL DISK ALSO. ONLY DIFF IT IS SLES XXXXX RATHER THEN SLUS XXXX. ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR THE BRILL GUIDE SAVED ME HOURS ON END AND COASTERS :)[/BOLS]

14. a2user

a2user Member

Like Eurobum, I'm having the same problem in backing up my nephew's copy of Sonic Heroes. I'm using Sony's cd/dvd ver.1.2. The layout is correct and the start positions are all starred. Clicking on the "rec" button brings up a temporary iml save window which creates an iml/ims file on my hardrive. Clicking on the file button and selecting "exporting iml file" gets me to a save file dialog box.

According to the thread, the program should begin to create sonic.000. etc.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks,

A2user

15. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey wats up yeah a2user just type in what you want your image files to be named such as sonic or heroes or whatever when you go to the file export .iml files.These are your image files then it should create all the image files such as sonic.000 , sonic.001 , and sonic.002 you will see a yellow bar when it is making the files also make sure you save all those files directly to your C:\ drive and don't put them in folders just have them save right to your C:\ drive.When it finishes making them click on your C:\ drive and they should be located there.You are pretty much almost done just got to use the dos after this step to make the iso file and burn it.I also go that 1 .iml file and 1 .ims file you are not doing anything wrong but you do need those .iml files that end with .000 , .001 and .002 if you don't have these files just delete the 1 .iml and 1 .ims file and repeat the steps again until you get them if this doesn't work just saying that exiting out of the program when it is making them could mean a bad burn.Just be patient and wait for a second it should automatically make the files for you when you export them if not just click on create and it should also make them.Peace L-Burna

Last edited: Feb 10, 2004
  16. a2user

a2user Member

Burna,

Thanks for your quick reply. The generator program did create two files when I clicked on the record button (two files:sonic.iml/sonic.ims). The files were created to my c:drive. Respectively, the files are 2K and 602K in size.

Next, I clicked on file and selected export iml. A dialog box comes up (Export). I select c:\sonic.iml and nothing seems to happen.

Just what or where is the "Create" button? No files seem to be extracted when I select sonic.iml.

a2user

17. adarsh320

adarsh320 Member

Hey i did everything in your guide, but when i got to load up the game a back sceen just come up. Is there anything i can do?

18. nub1337

nub1337 Member

my backup plays the opening intro for the game then goes to a black screen i have a v7+ console

19. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I'm thinking if you get the black screen then maybe one of the files don't have the LBA set right or either the burning program you used did not burn it right.I also recommend using a slow speed something like 1X,2X or 2.5X something like that really slow when you burn this game with the fix.I used Nero Express to burn it and my speed was at 2X I think when I burned it maybe that could have something to do with it but it the program you burn it with I would have to say go with a well known program when burning this one.If you use DvdDecrypter to burn it not sure since I used Nero Express but just saying that you could have problems with it.The best thing to do is go back and restart from the whole guide I know it sucks going back and doing all the steps over again but to make sure you didn't miss any of the steps.Another thing I would suggest is when you get to Layout and you have to retype the LBA don't just type 300 for the System.CNF and have the star just on that file do it to all the files in the list.Peace L-Burna and keep coming back if you have problems

20. deeswift

deeswift Member

Just wanna say thanks man. I didn't use this guide (I was actually bought the game by my girl today!) but the fact that you've made this thread and talked everyone through problems is very respectable! Props!