1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Sonic Heroes Swap Magic fix guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by L-Burna, Feb 1, 2004.

1. adarsh320

adarsh320 Member

i have redone everything and even burned with nero express and still the thing happen, a black sceen. Any suggestions?

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey wats up adarsh320 what region are you trying to back up.Is it the Pal version,NTSC,or the Jap version?give me some info on what region you are trying to back up and I will walk you through it.Thanks deeswift and everybody that has appreciated the guide the reason I am helping out people is because I have the theory treat people the way you would want to be treated.Hey adarsh320 I am not really sure why you are getting a black screen but I still think you missed a step somewhere or are not using the right tools or something like that can't really say for sure but tell me exactly what you are doing and I will tell you what the prob is.It could be something so simple and you wouldn't even realize it so lets try that out alright.

3. adarsh320

adarsh320 Member

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Alright this is what you do ok
    1.Use Dvddecrypter and make a iso file of the game
    2.Then use isobuster and extract all the files put them in a folder on your desktop
    3.Download the swapmagicfix dummy file and put that in the folder where your extracted files are.
    4.Open up Sony cd/dvd gen click on create a new project DvdRom master disc not the dual layered one and place all the files in one at a time in this order

SYSTEM.CNF
    SlUS_207.18
    MODULES\IOPRP280.IMG
    MODULES\PACKIRX.BIN
    Note on the Modules you can just put the whole folder in the cd/dvd gen
    STAGE.BIN
    MOVIE.BIN
    STAGE07.BIN
    STAGE09.BIN
    STAGE13.BIN
    STAGE40.BIN
    STAGE03.BIN
    STAGE01.BIN
    STAGE05.BIN
    STAGE11.BIN
    ADV.BIN
    STAGE28.BIN
    STAGE27.BIN
    STAGE26.BIN
    STAGE33.BIN
    EVENT_G.BIN
    EVENT_F.BIN
    EVENT_S.BIN
    EVENT_I.BIN
    EVENT_J.BIN
    EVENT_E.BIN
    EVENT_K.BIN
    STAGE32.BIN
    ASAVE.BIN
    STAGE31.BIN
    _DUMMY_.BIN
    ROFS.CVM

5.Now go to where it says Volume and where it says Disc Name type this in SLUS 20718 exactly as this is written.

6.Go to where it says Layout and retype all the LBA numbers of the files according to this:

0000300 ,SYSTEM.CNF
    0000301 ,SLUS_207.18
    0003858 ,MODULES\IOPRP280.IMG
    0003990 ,MODULES\PACKIRX.BIN
    0004193 ,STAGE.BIN
    0004550 ,MOVIE.BIN
    0004683 ,STAGE07.BIN
    0004804 ,STAGE09.BIN
    0004918 ,STAGE13.BIN
    0005027 ,STAGE40.BIN
    0005129 ,STAGE03.BIN
    0005219 ,STAGE01.BIN
    0005301 ,STAGE05.BIN
    0005377 ,STAGE11.BIN
    0005453 ,ADV.BIN
    0005508 ,STAGE28.BIN
    0005535 ,STAGE27.BIN
    0005556 ,STAGE26.BIN
    0005577 ,STAGE33.BIN
    0005592 ,EVENT_G.BIN
    0005605 ,EVENT_F.BIN
    0005617 ,EVENT_S.BIN
    0005629 ,EVENT_I.BIN
    0005641 ,EVENT_J.BIN
    0005653 ,EVENT_E.BIN
    0005664 ,EVENT_K.BIN
    0005675 ,STAGE32.BIN
    0005681 ,ASAVE.BIN
    0005686 ,STAGE31.BIN
    0005691 ,_DUMMY_.BIN
    0005692 ,ROFS.CVM

Alright make sure all these files have there LBA retyped and are starred.

7.Click on the Record Button and save the .iml and .ims to your C:\ drive make sure you don't put them in a folder but directly to your C:\ drive meaning when you open up your C:\ drive you should be able to drop down and see those files.

8.Go to the top where it says file in the Record box and there should be a option export .iml files click on it.It will ask you what to save them as and save them as whatever you want your image files to be named,I used sonic for my image files.It should start to create the files automatically but if it doesn't show that then click on create at the bottom of the box it should be at the bottom left a button.

9.After it creates all the .iml files such as sonic.000 , sonic.001 and sonic.002 use dos.This is how you would get to dos drop down on your computer and click on the Start button now go to where it says Run... and type in cmd or command.It should now bring up a box and a show this
    C:\Document and Settings\Owner>
    When you see this type this in
    C:\Document and Settings\Owner>cd C:\ or the drive you saved your .iml files to

Now it should show you this after typing cd C:\ in and press the enter button
    C:\
    Just type this in and it should start building your iso file
    C:\copy /b sonic.000 + sonic.001 + sonic.002 heroes.iso

Where sonic is your .iml files you exported and the heroes is the iso name.

You should see this when you have done it right
    sonic.000
    sonic.001
    sonic.002

It will save the iso file on your C:\ drive go to your C:\ drive find the iso file and burn it with Nero Express or whatever program is the best you use.

Peace L-Burna and if this doesn't work then you might have made a bad iso at the very beginning with dvddecrypter

5. adarsh320

adarsh320 Member

just to clarify when you put in the zeros infront there not really there it just puts a * in back, right?

6. eurobum

eurobum Member

Hi Burna ... Would ponit me to the thread which talk about backing old CD/PS2 games like Time Crisis 2... I never mess around with CD games before. I have CloneCD though... TIA...

7. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey wats up adarsh320 just type the LBA exactly the way it is or you can do this just copy and paste it which is a quicker way I think in my oppinion.Yeah you need to put the zeroes in front before you type the LBA should look something like this
    0000300 which would be the SYSTEM.CNF file
    just make sure you type it the way it is don't try to type in 300 and just that or that could be your problem.I use CloneCd also and Alcohol 120% on cd games just do a exact copy and you should be fine on the cd games other than that I have never had problems with cd games.What cd game are you having probs with eurobum?If it is a dvd game and the game is 600 or something like that you need to back it up onto a dvd because the game is made on a dvd there is no way around that if you are talking about that unless you rip it.Give me some detail on the game or games you are trying to get to work and I can see what I can do to help out.If you have CloneCd all you should do is select the game option when burning a PS2 game which is not that hard but I would recommend using Alcohol 120% if the game is scratched all to hell.

Peace L-Burna

8. adarsh320

adarsh320 Member

Bruna i type in the zeroes abd then up in the 300 so its like this 0000300 in hte location box, but then when you hit ok it just puts it like this "300*" to the left of the file is this okay?

9. adarsh320

adarsh320 Member

i think it may be because i use cd/dvd gen 1.20 and not 1.50, where can i find v1.50?

10. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The thing is you need to retype all the files LBA so you should have those stars to the right on all the files.You already have the star for the SYSTEM.CNF file all you need to do is get all the stars to show up on all the files.I think you can find cd/dvd gen off of overnet,emule,or edonkey one of those you can find it there.I think this is the problem though the LBA part maybe all the files don't have the star to the right of them such as 300* yah know then you would have to type this in 301* and keep going down the list until they all have stars by them.

11. eurobum

eurobum Member

Hi Burna ... I used alcohol 120 to backup Time Crisis 2 (CD game) per this forum guide. I have the MDF file = 750,000 kB and 1 MDS file (1kB). When the process is done my copy shown 612,000 kB and 0 free space.
    After removing the swap disk V2.0, I pressed X and nothing shown on the screen. Where's my problem?. Thanks.

12. eurobum

eurobum Member

Also... Do you have any recommendation for a brand name or generic name for CD that will work for PS2 ... Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2004
  13. eurobum

eurobum Member

Sorry for all typing errors ...

14. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Well your problem when you used Alcohol 120% could be when you did the exact copy there should be a list you have to select PS2 in the list.I think it shows custom when you start it up but make sure you select the PS2 option also if you go into the options there should be this one option called extra emulation go in there and click on all on all of the features there should be three options to click on.I use the Sony 80 minute 700mb CD-R discs you can find them at WalMart or somewhere like that should be a dark color also the discs look like a dark green color.You can try them out and see what you think.I bought 50 discs for 20 dollars which is a good deal on name brand discs.Peace L-Burna

15. cromiem

cromiem Member

Hi all and especially L-Burna I have followed your guide and created the iso just under 3gb but it still did not work, but I think is down to i am trying to copy a pal version as I am in the UK, is there a different dummy file for pal sonic heroes? or any other changes to your guide I need to make for a pal version? any help you or anyone can give me would be great. This is the first game for the ps2 I have not been able to take a straight copy from the original and create a 1:1 copy. the software I have is swapmagic dvd 2.0 (pal.

A stupid question why is this dvd game hard to copy is there a new security system in place for games?

Thanks all and once again l-burna for answering everyones questions

16. adarsh320

adarsh320 Member

Score! It works! Finally got it this time i put the whole folder in as you suggested. Thanks L-Burna for all your help!!

17. deep0r

deep0r Member

what im curious about is what are we losing in that dummy in fix? The original dummy bin was like 1.5gb and the fix is only 2kb!!! A HUGE DIFFERENCE!! So what are we losing in that gig thats missing??

18. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The _DUMMY_.BIN file is nothing really but a dummy file which is useless to be honest.I used to think that it had something missing from the game but there is nothing missing.Why they made the dummy file that big there is a reason behind this because they don't want people to pirate the game,so we can't blame them for actually doing there job which would be stopping people from pirating games but if you own it I don't see why you can't back it up.The PAL version for cromien this is what you should do my friend look for the SLUS file which should be located in the files of the game should be something like this SLUS_207.18 which this would be the NTSC but still using this method should work for PAL just look at the SLUS file since the number should be different tell me what the number of the game is.This will be something like this SLUS_***.** where the numbers I can't really tell you yet since I don't know the PAL version SLUS file.The dummy file should work for every region so check out that file and report back here and tell me what it is and I will help you out.If it is not under SLUS then check all the files out until you find one that is not suppose to be there for instance go down the list of the NTSC version and look at the list but take out the SLUS file for the NTSC,if you see something different for instance the SLPM file which is for JAP tell me that instead also.The easiest method I would say on finding the SLUS file would be to look for 3 numbers followed by a period then 2 more numbers.

Peace L-Burna

19. cromiem

cromiem Member

Thanks L-burna i put in the pal volume number which was SLES_519.50 this time this must be my pal slus code, now it works perfect with my swapmagic discs thanks for the help

20. johnwaz42

johnwaz42 Guest

I am also having troubles with the PAL version. I have created all the sonic.000 files and included the SLES number in the volume. I can only assume the original iso i have taken is corrupt. Although it does play the movie at the beginning. What app are people using to create the initial iso to then use iso buster with?