1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Sonic Heroes Swap Magic fix guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by L-Burna, Feb 1, 2004.

1. cromiem

cromiem Member

hi johnwaz42 I used dvddecrypter for the original iso, make sure when you move across the module files you move the whole folder as I at first only moved the single files and it did not work

2. johnwaz42

johnwaz42 Guest

Cheers cromiem, I also used DVD Decrypter but is it normal for it to create multiple files? Also did you set the license area to Europe where you put in your SLES number.

3. eltel

eltel Member

Thanks L-Burna for a great guide I had a few problems but follwed you step by step all thw way. I have burned a PAL version and it works fine. I had problems with a blank screen after the title video on the first discs I burnt. I used an updated version of Isobuste on my third attempt and burnt the disc at 1 Speed using DVD decrypter. The result was perfect I think it was probably recording at the lower speed that did the trick and just coincidence that I used a newer version of Isobuster.
    Thanks again to L-Burna for taking the time to note down the process spep by step

Last edited: Feb 17, 2004
  4. Goten

Goten Member

Hey man I read ur post on how to back up SONIC HEROES...I haveb't played it yet, but I followed everything so hopefully it will work thnkx to you....:)- []) .... also i'll reply bck if it works!

5. cromiem

cromiem Member

Hey johnwas42 I just type in the volume number sles **** nothing else

6. burressc

burressc Member

L-Burna, you are the man. I don't know how you did it, but the guide worked to perfection. I did waste 1 DVD though. Here's what I got.
    I had the game that had SLUS-207.18.
    Here's what happened the first time.
    I did the steps, but missed the step to manually re-type the numbers in and make sure I got the star after changing the location number.
    I did it again, and I was little confused if I should rename the file to 20718 or 207.18. I changed it to 207.18, manually changed every number, ensured I got the star, and made the image. I burnt it with Alcolol 120 and it worls like a champ. Thanks so much. I like having back-ups of all of my games :)

7. burressc

burressc Member

Oh, I forgot. I also changed it from Japan to America, since I am in the US. Thanks a lot.

8. coreyt55

coreyt55 Guest

Burna,

I'm having the same problem...
    The generator program did create two files when I clicked on the record button
    two files:sonic.iml/sonic.ims). The files were created to my c:drive. Respectively, the files are 2K and 602K in size.

Next, I clicked on file and selected export iml. A dialog box comes up (Export). I select c:\sonic.iml and nothing seems to happen.
    should this happen?? I followed your faq twice with the same results.

9. Goten

Goten Member

Hey man i followed your guide but at the end it works till i get to the end of the first level then it freezes.....anyone wanna help!

10. coreyt55

coreyt55 Guest

Where can I get "CD/DVD Generator 1.50"???

11. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey wats up Goten I think you could have burned it real quick or you might have missed something when creating it with cd/dvd gen somewhere.The program sony cd/dvd gen 1.50 can be found off edonkey.The site for edonkey is this http://www.edonkey2000.com you can use edonkey or overnet to get the program I choosed overnet because it is quicker in my oppinion but either one of those programs will work.

Peace L-Burna

12. coreyt55

coreyt55 Guest

thanks for the quick reply

I use cd/dvd gen 1.5, but I can't get the copy /b command to work, so I tried "IML2ISO" and my iso image is 5.9gig. When I use the command you posted my ISO file is 120K. is this right?? and it only takes a second to creat it.

13. Goten

Goten Member

Aight thnkx man....but all i did was bet da first level off the real disc then saved now everythins fine thnkx to u man...... [R-E-S-P-E-C-T] :- 0

14. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey coreyt55 this is what you do alright.When you open up the burn window click on export .iml files it will save a file that is that size 150kb .iml and a .ims file these aren't the files you need the files you need should be sonic.000,sonic.001,sonic.002,sonic.003,and sonic.004 it should show them on your C:\ drive when it creates the files in cd\dvd gen you should see a orange bar moving across the screen.If you don't get these files then click on the create button on the bottom left of the window should be on near the left and it should make the files.Now when you get to the dos part this is what you need to do.Look on your computer where it says start at the bottom left of your screen click on it and go to where it says Run... it should bring up a box where you type in a key word.Just type in cmd or either command it should bring you to the dos prompt window.When you get there it should look something like this

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>

You have to type in the drive you are using which in this case should be the C:\ drive so type this in

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>cd C:\

this is the drive where you stored all the .iml files in and everything else

Now you should see something like this

C:\>

You are gonna have to look at the files I told you earlier that are a must the sonic.000,sonic.001 etc..Now type this in and it should make your iso file

C:\copy /b sonic.000 + sonic.001 + sonic.002 + sonic.003 + sonic.004 heroes.iso

Where the sonic.000,sonic.001,sonic.002,sonic.003,and sonic.004 are your image files the .iml files and the heroes.iso is the iso file you are creating which you can name anything you want but try not to name it the same as your .iml files.The iso file should be close to 4gig after doing this.If it is still close to 6gig then you need to go back and repeat all the steps again until you get the 3.9gig.Then just burn with any program you like and burn slow at 1X if your burner supports it or 2X if you can't burn at 1X.

Peace L-Burna

15. coreyt55

coreyt55 Guest

thanks for the quick reply

This is the error that I get when I try press the burn button. I don't get the create button... only the ims & iml files are created. is there an update for this program cd/dvd gen 1.5... also I am using a verbatim DVD+r recorder.

"ASPI manager loading failed"

16. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah all you need to do is download the wnaspi32.dll file from http://www.nero.com in the support,utilities,aspi driver and put that in your sony cd/dvd gen folder.Now it will let you make the files.

Peace L-Burna

Last edited: Feb 22, 2004
  17. coreyt55

coreyt55 Guest

thanks L-burna

It works great now. I downloaded the aspi drivers and the program now created the image. here is the link I used http://www.nu2.nu/aspi/

thank for all of the help..

18. monstaloc

monstaloc Member

hey..i've been tryin for 3 hours...used version 1.20 of the sony cd/dvd generator and i only got one sonic.000 file that was like 11mb. so i downloaded version 1.50. now when i het REC... button, i get too short location length. I've done everything in the guide perfectly. No mistakes. Do i need to patch my sony software? Please help.

19. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Is there a .iml and a .ims file and no other files such as sonic.000 or something like that because you might just be getting a error because you don't have the .dll file put in your actual programs folder under sony cd/dvd gen.If you don't have that file in your folder then you will get that error.The file is wnaspi32.dll depending on your windows you are running you should check out the site coreyt55 just put up which has the .dll files for all of windows.If you are running Windows NT4,Win 2000,or XP download the wnaspi32.dll.If you are running Win 95,98,or ME you should get the NeroASPIen.exe.It might be because of the version of windows you are running on.

20. zunk

zunk Member

hi!
    im not a psx2 owner myself but i have a friend who is so therefor im not into this stuff at all so i got a couple of questions for you

1. can i look at dvd movies ive burnt without modchip or swap tricks?

2. in the guide you say i should make a iso with dvddecryptor, is it a normal psx2 game i should use to make a iso??

3. say i do all this.. what should i then do with the disk i get?

4. i think it has something to do with force open the cd drive, can i do this without ruin his front panel? :D i wanna surprise him with some burned hames you know =)

thank you for taking your time to answer my questions :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2004