1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Sonic Heroes Swap Magic fix guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by L-Burna, Feb 1, 2004.

1. monstaloc

monstaloc Member

Yes, there was an iml and ims. There was also one .000 file that was only like 11mb. I did download the wnaspi.dll from the link and it is in the actual program folder. I'm running XP with a sony dru-510. I can't even record now because it says "Too Short location length".

According to the help "Location length is too short (less than 600000 sector)

This message is displayed when the number of sectors to be recorded is less than 600000 sectors.Make sure to write more than 600000 sectors by adding dummy files,for example."

I've switched the dummy file with the corresponding one from swapmagicfix.com. Any suggestions???? Thanks Burna. Your faq is great.

2. Velesco

Velesco Member

Hey LBurna, you seem to be the authority on this game so I got a question. I followed your guide(very good by the way) to the teeth, double checked for errors and everything was perfect. I booted up and it loaded, but when I go to play a new game it resets by itself. Any ideas why this would happen?

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey wats up Velesco man the only thing I can think of is maybe getting a bad read on the Iso file you made at the start of the guide.When you started off did you get any skipped errors or was it perfectly created meaning no mistakes or anything like that was the original disc scratched up when you made the iso file etc....It could be tons of reasons mainly guessing leads to the cause.I would just do this actually follow the steps again even though you already know they are perfect this is just a double check(mainly to save on discs which can get expensive as a mofo if you burn it bad a thousand times).If everything is perfect the program I used to burn the game was Nero Express at 2X Exact Copy maybe that will work.It could be the speed you burned at as well because the speed on burning for this game is a must I would say.Hey monstaloc maybe you just got a bad prog if you want you can send me a private message with your email and I will send you the program,note to anyone that reads this that I am just doing this for monstaloc not for everyone because I am on dial up.Peace L-Burna

4. eurobum

eurobum Member

Hi Burna,

Do I need cdloader to play backup PS2 back-up CD games like Time Crisis 2. I used alcohol to do the backup but it refused to boot. I have swapmagic v.2
    Thanks.

5. rmorar

rmorar Guest

Can someone e-mail me the Sony CD/DVD generator v1.5 software? My e-mail address is rmorar@cheerful.com.

I cannot find it anywhere on the net.

6. Morace

Morace Member

Im the same, cant find sony dvd generator anywhere. Anyone know of an address ?? Or is there something else that can be used ??

Any help appreciated to Morace_atkins@hotmail.com

7. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey eurobum I don't think you need cdloader but if you do need it just do these steps:

swap magic cd
    cdloader
    eject the tray and put in swap magic cd press the X button
    it should say put in backup EA method
    using fliptop/swipecard put in backup

9. Lua316

Lua316 Guest

I need some HELP PLEASE!!
    I cant seem to find Sony CD/DVD Generator
    Some people say its there and there and I just can't seem to find it, if somebody OUT THERE knows something please tell me at Lua316@msn.com
    and believe me I'm not the only one with this problem

10. Morace

Morace Member

I found it thanks to L-Burna, as he suggested I used overnet to download it..
    http://www.overnet.com/

Install this, without the extra rubbish, and search for Sony generator.. then just download.. works fine.

11. Lua316

Lua316 Guest

L-BURMA I need your HELP I'm in the last step, lets say that I named my .ims and .iml files Sonic Heroes, can you tell me what to put in. Like you have yours C:\>copy /b sonic.000 + sonic.001 + sonic.002 heroes.iso, but can you show me with my name.
    PLEASE, I'M IN THE LAST STEP
    thank you

12. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The step would be this Lua316

C:\>copy /b SonicHeroes.000 + SonicHeroes.001 + SonicHeroes.002 SH.iso

maybe something like this when you make the names of the .iml files try not to make a space in it try to give it a simple name something like heroes or sonic only if you put Sonic Heroes with spaces you might have to type this in

Sonic_Heroes.000,Sonic_Heroes.001,etc.... something like that try this out and let me know if it works.

Peace L-Burna

13. Lua316

Lua316 Guest

L-BURMA
    Not to complicate things, I decided to do it all over again, and also got stuck in the last step. I now named the files sonic, I do see the files sonic.000,001,002 in my c drive, but when I type them in on run it says "The System Cannot find the file Specified". This is exactly how I put it in in Run after the C:\> "copy b/ sonic.000 + sonic.001 + sonic.002 sh.iso" and I get the error I told you. I would like to know if there is something wrong?, did I miss a step? or what? Please back me up thank you

14. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

the problem was this you had it this way alright

C:>copy b/ sonic.000 + sonic.001 + sonic.002 sh.iso

right this is the way you had,this is the way to fix it

C:>copy /b sonic.000 + sonic.001 + sonic.002 sh.iso

Alright well said nothing more than this and it should be done.

Peace L-Burna

15. Lua316

Lua316 Guest

Sorry LBURMA, I mispelled it in the thread, I had it like you said it to, It's just thet I mispelled it. I've been trying everything, I don't know were I did wrong. I do see the sonic.000,001,002 in the c drive but doesn't get it down in the Run prompt
    Thank you Man

16. Testacane

Testacane Member

Sorry L-Burna but I'm tring to record the dvd (I've done all right no errors) but it shows me a message where it says: Too short location lenght (less than 600000 sector. I cannot understand where I went wrong. Please help me!!!

yuor guide is very useful thanks , great work. (sorry for my bad english ,I'm italian)

17. Testacane

Testacane Member

I've patched the Sony cd/dvd generator with the wnaspi32.dll by putting the file in the directory program but it doesn't work.

18. mn_casper

mn_casper Member

After all is said and done, can the created backup run w/ just a modded PS2 or do you have to do the swap thing?

19. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

There is a site that was listed before on here for the same file the wnaspi32.dll if you are running Win98 or ME something like that you might want to go here http://www.nu2.nu/aspi/ which is from coreyt55.Maybe this could be the problem depending on your Systems OS.

20. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

This method works for Swap Magic and all Mods mn_casper there should be no difference between them both.Hey Testacane I think it could be the program you are using which sony cd/dvd gen are you using is the v1.20 or the v1.50 because I have heard of this happening before.I was thinking if you use iml2iso Lua316 it might work also if you want you can try it that way.You need to put the iml2iso in your C: drive then run it using a batch file.This should fix it also.You can find that off of Google.If not the problem should be fixed just using this command for dos

C:\Document and Settings\Owner>cd C:\

Which should give you the C:\ drive,looks like this

C:\>

now type in this

C:\>copy /b sonic.000 + sonic.001 + sonic.002 sh.iso

and it should start making the iso moving downwards

sonic.000
    sonic.001
    sonic.002

once it shows all of the .iml files and stops it should be completed and the iso should be on your C:\ drive.

Peace L-Burna