1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Sonic Heroes Swap Magic fix guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by L-Burna, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Testacane

Testacane Member

But where I have to put the wnaspi32.dll (I'm running ewindows XP)

2. Testacane

Testacane Member

Anyway I've placed the wnaspi32.dll in the sistem32 directory, but the cd/dvd creator doesn't work .Maybe I've patched wrong the game with the DUMMY?

3. jag87

jag87 Member

i dont have a SLPM_654.31 but instead a SLES_519.50? what shall i do?

4. jag87

jag87 Member

burnt game using guide, got black screen! after blue in swap magic. all files intact. Repeated all steps. Where you type in the disc name SLES_***** you can also select license area, are you supposed to click Europe?

5. geeza79

geeza79 Member

in cd dvd generator when i export the files it says aspi manager initialization failure but it still makes the sonic.000 files does this mean it works or not as i have burned the game but only get a black screen

ps it is a pal backup

6. locus

locus Guest

Hello L-Burna,

I followed every step to burn the game using your guide. But when I load the game on PS2, it just gives me a black screen. Do you think I have done something wrong when I'm using the sony cd/dvd gen 1.5 to create the iml file? I saw the yellow bar stuff, I did have sonic.000,sonic.001 & sonic.002 created. But i check their file type they are not described as iml file type but just 001 file instead. However the size of the files seems correct. I appericate you put up a guide for this and i wish i can finally to create a backup.

7. Deathsigh

Deathsigh Member

where can i get the swap magic

8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey wats up Testacane I think all you need to do is update your version of sony cd/dvd gen maybe it is the program you got it is defective or something,try getting it off of overnet and it should work fine.Hey jag17 all you need to do is type this in SLES_519.15 and if you want you can select Europe but I don't think it makes a difference but try it anyways alright.Hey geeza79 its cool it made the files and everything then all you need to do is make it a .iso file and you are finished you can't just burn the .iml files and get it to boot that way unless you use discjuggler which is probably not a program you are comfortable with but try the dos command prompt to build your iso file and burn then you should be done.Hey locus those are the .iml files the .000 , .001 , .002 are the .iml files just make the .iso file with dos prompt and you are done also burn it as slow as you can.If you can burn at 1X then you should burn that slow if you can burn at 2X only then don't worry about it just burn at 2X.Hey Deathsigh I bought swap magic off of www.modchipinc.com you can find it there and make sure you don't order from someone like www.ps2cover.com because they are some slow motha lovas but if you go through modchipinc then you will get fast shipping.

Peace L-Burna

9. locus

locus Guest

I got it to work finally. Thanks L-Burna! I just found out that drag and drop the whole modules folder is a must, otherwise will get black screen.

10. geeza79

geeza79 Member

hey L-Burna
    i made the iso file using the dos prompt but when i put the game in i get to the chooose mhz screen then all i get is sound and no picture any ideas

ps i burned the game at 1 speed aswell

11. randomb

randomb Guest

hello l-burna

Cheers for the quide its really helpful but i am having trouble with creating iso file with dos. I have several different drives on my p.c. the drive i boot up in is G the drive were sonic is stored is F:\sonic and the files are named sonic.000 etc. what do i need to enter in to dos so i can make the iso file.

12. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey wats up geeza79 I think that has to do with switching it to a certain region.I am not sure if your TV supports region change but check that out.If you are in America or Japan it is 60 where as in Europe you are in 50.The way you should set it up to create in dos should be this randomb:

Go to start and click on Run...type in cmd or either command in the line given to you when you click on Run.It should bring this up in dos mode

C:\Documents in Settings\Owner>
    or in your case it might be this
    G:\Documetns in Settings\Owner>

Since your drives are different the G might come up instead.

Now type this in
    G:\Documents in Settings\Owner>cd F:\ and press the enter button on the keyboard.

Now it should display this
    F:\>
    Just type this in when you see this
    F:\>copy /b sonic.000 + sonic.001 + sonic.002 heroes.iso

It should create the iso file in the F drive where you placed it.Just click on My Computer and go to your F drive double click and it should be in there.

Peace L-Burna

13. Entity.J

Entity.J Member

hi burna,

Iam getting INSANE here by continueS burning COASTERS AAAAAAAAAARGGGGGHHHHHHH. I USE THE SAME MEDIA FOR MANY OTHER GAMES WICH I SUCCESFULLY COPIED AND STILL PLAY AS OF TODAY (MOREEEE than 13 COASTERS ) i stopped counting at 10 or 11 coasters AAAAAARGHhH @#{[{,? I DID E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G IN THE BOOK TO MAKE AN WORKING PS2 SONIC HEROES PAL ACORDING TO MANY MANY MANY MAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNY POST IVE READ! BUT IT DIDNT WORK FOR ME AT AL WOT SO EVER???? I UNDERSTAND EVERY TINY BIT OF THE GUIDE BUT STILL nooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOO VAIL????? AAAARGHHH . I EVEN BURNED COASTERS TRYING DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES OF MY OWN AFTER TRYING UR GUIDE NO OFFENSE.
    1. Ive tried/replaced the _dummy_ file (v7 / v1-6) wich is provided by swap magic fix to solve it
    2. i REORDER/ and Numbered LBA's 0000300 (300* looks then) - 0005692 (5692*) E-V-E-R-Y S-I-N-G-L-E FILE/MAP as described in the included textfile in dummy.rar archive wich swapmagic provide is with. Then using the copy /b sonic.000 + sonic.001 + sonic.002 in ONE compatible HEROES.ISO standard and burned at 2X (the lowest write speed for my lite-on ldW-411S )dvd-r (relyable media)with Alcohol 120% 1.4.8 (build 1222) NO vail NO vail NO vail for al my Attempts cant get past black screen???? EVEn in adition with my SMD3 disc or CDLOADERS AAARGGHHH|#[^!? I REFUSE to GIVE up if its TRUE wot OTHERS CLAIMS here and got theyre PAL version of sonic heroes to work with the fix then it has to work for me 2 darn it. Sorry for my English but iam GETTTING MAAAAAADDDDDDD HERE OF FRUSTRATION aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh SHIT
    HOWEVER IVE GOT ONE BRIGHT SIDE OF THE WHOLE STORY
    when i tried to backup the WHOLE freakin game 1:1 and use ToC refresh through SMD 3 and DEVIL MaY cry it Works ?????

So Help this Lost Soul please
    iam one step away from totaly losing MY MIND ON THIS :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Many tnx in advance,

Urs Entity

My email is : Entity_jannenba@hotmail.com

14. randomb

randomb Guest

Hi l-burna

Cheers for the last bit help it worked great making the iso but when i try to run the game it doesent go off the swap magic screen. Iam from the U.K so i will have to pal virsion do i need to enter differnt LBA's numbers or any thing like that. Also when im finished all me iml files come to 2.8 GB is this right.

cheers
    randomb

15. Entity.J

Entity.J Member

L-Burna.......... AGAIN where are u somewhere to help me resolve this matter P-L-E-A-S-E i would be in ur dept !!!
    ANY help/POINTERS/guidence/FAq's/WAlK's/TIPS/SECRETS/CHEATS/HACKS/SWAPS is Welcome
    I want to get this thing to work. In adition i give u my specifications.

i have to following:

1. PS2 model: 30004 (wich is acording this http://www.chipzone.com/versions.cfm site an V4 coud also be an V5 - V6) so.......i downloaded the dummy file V1-6 right??
    2. _DUMMY_.rar V1-6 (btw i tried both V7 and V1-6 NO VAIL after burning soOOOO many coasters u go figure)
    3. Used CD-DVD generator 1.50 ASPI 4.71.2 installed (but didnt realy needed as it allowed me to export the image file wich was seperated into several images of 1 gb or so
    4. I used ImL2iso method aswel as the copy /b file.000 + file.001 etc...... to compile them into ONE HUGE BIG ISO STANDARD . BTW ive got Winxp pro SP1 NTSF wich surpass the 4GB limiet.
    5. When creating an project i choosed dvd-rom master disc no Dual-format. Then i first typed in the Volume section my SLES-51950 and for license area : Europe as they implemented me to do. Therefore ive working with an PAL VERSion of SOnic Heroes.
    One word though about that last part. The folks over Swapmagic.fix wich provide us with this fix and text.info told us to either put in SLUS 20718 for USA or SLPM 65431 for JAP at the volume TAB BUT NEVER EVVVER goddd dammit told us WOT TO DO WHEN SOMEONE has to DEAL WITH AN PALLLLLLLLLL VERSION ???!!Meaning, do i have to replace the SLES_51950 file with one of those above (YeS or No) and keep the other Europe Files ????? If u ask me it has something to do with this _DUMMY_ File they provide us with just guessing. Also after drag/dropping the files in the right order and proceed to the layout tab to check if the LBA numbers are STRaight acording SwapMagic.fix i noticed the THIRD file WICH is
    1. system.cfg (lba 0000300 = (300*) wich is right if iam not mistaken
    2. SLES_519.50 (lba 0000301 = (300* i changed every god damn file like u said) Sorry for my language but then again try to put urself in my place and READing many post how it AAAALLLL Works SO GoD DAMN WElLLLL for other PAL PAL's BUT FOR ME:( wich is also right if iam not mistaken
    3.\MODULES\IOPRP280.IMG is however not right and has an lba of no less then 0002087 instead of 0003858 like those guys over there tells us it woud be ??? So i changed that to into 0003858 (3858*) and soon after i changed this single file the rest of the lba numbers wich also is inlisted in the text info provided by swapmagic.fix does seems to be STRAIGHT suddenly. Anyways i did wot u told Many many others even thoug the numbers were in the right order and changed them MANUAL to get the * after it right!?! And to conclude i hit the REC tab blablabla not supporting my brand new converted LdW-401S to >>>>>>> LDW-411S :) at least one compensation for all my Coasters hehehe THNX 2 http://www.xs4all.nl/~wcprins/ an GREAT CHEEEERS for them bow bow bow. Wich BTW worked fine on all my other GAmes i made thus so far with my new converted ldw-411S +/ (- now capable :p) and EXPORTED it to my HD

SO I OTHER WORDS W-O-T D-I-D I O-V-E-R-L-O-O-K
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

To u and all others from whom it worked and for their contribution on this topic U all have my GRatituDE

Urs Entity,

16. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

It is the way you have your LBA you didn't retype it all in the way it should be for instance right you said the first file system.cnf right is 0000300 where this file would be 300 for LBA like you said,but the best way to do this is to copy and paste them all back in that way you can't mess up retyping the LBA back in.I don't go by the swapmagicfix.com LBA because your LBA is probably different and I think they are going by the Japan release in the guide not sure but could be.The best thing to do is forget what is in the guide off of swapmagicfix.com the best way to figure it out is doing everything over again,so start fresh alright then build your iso again,extract all the files into a folder,input them one by one by the exact order it should be listed,type in the Slus of the game into the Disc Name,area of region not sure if it makes a difference but do it anyways,copy and paste all of your LBA,make your .iml files and use dos and you should be done.When you do the LBA if your file is SLES_519.50=0000301 then change the files LBA to 0000301 (301 not 300)alot of people just type in the 300 very first file and say it fixes it but type them all in the whole list of files.

Peace L-Burna
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Just roll a L and pass an incent[/small]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  17. Entity.J

Entity.J Member

ok burna,

Ive got 1 or 2 questions about ur last post. Iam just caution now after burning many ManY TOOO many coasters on that Game.

How hard can it be changing location of the LBA files like for example i type 0000300 (afterwards it looks something like that 300* right/duh) as input!
    Now if i understand correctly i have to change the first file wich is SYSTEM.CNF TO 0000301 (301* right) INSTEAD OF 0000300 (300*) OK/right? Or do i have to change the Second file wich is SLES_519.50 into 0000301 (301*) wich btw alread is sighned to that number automatically after putting the files into the right order with or without changing the LBA numbers.
    Secondly u told also me to work without the guide of SwapMagic.fix cuz of the different Game releases i.e JAP/NTSC, but how can I tell wich order is the straight order to put them in the Root directory Firstly. Cuz from the looks of ur file listings in ur First post its pretty much in the same order as swapmagic.fix listed it ??!? Only the SLUS/SLES/SLPM file differs from the one ive got wich is SLES_519.50.! Finaly if i have to change the SLES id code into the SLUS XXXX = wich number do i have to use and also do i have to set the area license to America cuz of the SLUS thing too or do i keep it on Europe as ive got AGAIN an PAL version of Sonic??!!??

Many tnx in advance

urs Entity

ps. many ppl claim its an Toc issue wich is the reason of rebuild ur image or using toc refresh right. Well let me ask u this ive tested mortal kombat DA wich had an toc of 4.36 compared to Swapmagic DVD2 only has 4.35. Why could i play MK DA after backing it up just with the SMD DVD V2 disk ?????????????? I didnt need the toc refresh through SMD CD V3 to play MK DA (toc 4.36gb) however i did need to refresh my toc to play SONIC (FULL with DUMMY) wich has an (Toc 4.38 gb??)

18. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey wats up EntityJ the reason I said don't use the LBA off of swapmagicfix.com there guide because the file locations are right off the guide but still it is possible for you to have different LBA.I have noticed that every region has a different Slus so I am pretty sure there could be a LBA change somewhere in there because the game Champions of Norrath didn't have the same LBA as the swapmagicfix.com that is why I am telling you that.In the Disc Name area type this in SLES-51950.The file system.cnf is actually 0000300 this file is right but when you actually start getting to the middle a sudden change can occur.I know all the files have the LBA already assigned to them but by giving them the star by retyping it makes it where your .iml files put them in there exact order.The area license shouldn't make a difference just keep it on Europe.I also wanted to ask you what was the size of the game when you finished making it and give me the steps you used because it is easy to miss something.

Peace L-Burna

19. Entity.J

Entity.J Member

Dear L-Burna,

IT FINALY WORKED WORKED WORKED WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORKED GOSSHHH
    If u were a WOMAN i COULD KISS YA. Here's the thing for the PAL USERS with the SLES_519.50 file. I just had to change the ID CODE to SLUS_20718 license AREA = America EVEN tough and (THAT STILL PUZZLES ME) i have GOT THE SLES_519.50 (wich is EUROPE ID ???????????????????????????????????????)
    Can u Explain that to me L-Burna ?
    Wel Anywayss now i know better next time. Meaning
    IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
    THE ID CODE OF UR COUNTRY VERSION OF THE GAME AND PUT IN ONE OF THE CODES THEY L-Burna / SWApMagic.fix PROVIDE US WITH

I knew it could be done,

Urs Entity YIIIPIE

20. geeza79

geeza79 Member

hey guys i got it to work
    i kept the sles file and chose europe and finally it worked with an iso file of 2.83gb