1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Sonic Heroes Swap Magic fix guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by L-Burna, Feb 1, 2004.

1. xzotick

xzotick Member

Just wanted to says thanks to L-Burna. and others. Got it working with the Adaptec ASPI driver. dont know why the nero wouldnt work. maybe this will help the other XP users.

thanks
    xzotick

2. Entity.J

Entity.J Member

xzotic iam glad the adaptec way helped u out as i told ya.
    Say Aachil just to check out if i follow u correctly! Did ur backup [bold]Only[/bold] worked by giving ur Jap version an SLUS_ (American) Id code instead of giving it an SLPM_ (wich is logicaly the JAP id code) ??!!?? Cuz it still puzzles me why i had to give my [bold]ORIGINALY[/bold] PAL (Belgium) version of sonic an SLUS_207.18 (American) id code instead of its [bold]ORIGINALY[/bold] SLES-51950 id code to GET IT TO WORK????!!???? So iam still sorting this inlogically behaviour out, if anybody could inlighten me?

Urs entity,

3. skstav2

skstav2 Member

Hey Burna! I don't think I missed anything from your guide, but I keep getting a black screen when I play the copy? The only thing unusual is that when I was extracting the files to the folder on my desktop I got some errors with the ROFS.CVM file at around 87% of extraction? I clicked on (ignore all) and it finished the extraction. Should there have been any errors at any time during this process? Thanks for your help.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

If you got some errors while extracting the game then it must be a bad iso file you made.The best thing to do is to make the iso with dvd decrypter.If any errors show up then try alcohol 120% if errors keep coming up alot then the best thing to do is to get a better disc one that will read without errors.I hate to say it but alot of the times programs will get interrupted with reading errors which sucks when you are trying to make a backup of a game that is really messed up.I think alcohol 120% might give you a lil help but if you are getting those errors close to the end of the game you might want to try alcohol out.If it is getting errors from the start of the game when making the iso file then you will be waiting for days it seems like to read the iso file.I hope you can get a better disc to make a backup of this game.

Peace L-Burna

5. eurobum

eurobum Member

Burna guru ... I know that this is out of the subject but I have problem following the thread of 007 everthing or nothing ... I have swap magic dvd 2.0 and I burned the cdloader v7 fix with the dvddecrypter on the dvd disk (ritek) ... somehow at the end of the burning process, the dvddecrypter finished the writing stage and got stuck at the synchronizing cache stage ... I just forced the DVDdecrypter to close down and used the cdloader v7 as is ... I put the swap magic disk then insert the cdloader disk, then press the triangle to eject then replace with the SM disk again, the screen says insert the dvdr with ea method, I inserted the 007 disk then at the left corner it came up invalid media... Did I confuse you so far?... What is my problem with that cdloader and/or my process?... Thanks.

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The problem is the cdloader if you use dvd decrypter with the newer builds of cdloaders it won't burn right.The best thing to use on the newest cdloaders is probably Cdrwin or either Nero.I use Nero Express this won't lock up on you when you burn the image files such as .bin and .cue or either a .iso file.If you get stuck burning the cdloader with Nero Exress or Cdrwin then it is a bad cdloader you got.It seems to me like you got a bad burn on the cdloader just try it again and see what happens when you use Nero Express.If the file is a .bin and .cue file for cdloader just open up the .cue file and burn that.If it is a .iso file just open up the .iso file and burn.You also might want to burn as slow as possible the slower you burn it the better results you will get.The cdloader you use for 007 EON is the cdloaderV7_beta5.1 just use the 5v3 no pin option and you are all set.

Peace L-Burna
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Just roll a L and pass an incent[/small]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2004
  7. skstav2

skstav2 Member

I also suspect like you that the original disc was really scratched up which is why I think it kept producing errors. I'll try with Alcohol 120 or get a better disc to backup.
    So just for the record you do agree that the extraction process should complete through to 100% without any errors, right?

Thanks for your help!

8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah I agree because you are gonna have to take files and compile them.If you get errors this can result in the black screen which you are getting.It pretty much has to be close to perfect almost.If you can get this thing called gamedoctor for scratches and a cleaning kit for dirt and dust this might also help out alot.They both aren't real expensive and will be worth it but if the disc is too scratched up then this might not help out,but still it is worth trying out.

Peace L-Burna

9. tizler

tizler Regular member

Hi

I am a real new guy here - i have (or thought i had) downloaded the cd/dvd generator. Unzipped it (i have version 1.5 and 1.2) - but when i dble click on the exe file nothing happens???

It dont install - what on earth am i doing wrong.

I understand the principle of what to do to burn the game (sonic) and have it ready waiting - but just cant get the software to install!!

HELP!!!

10. tizler

tizler Regular member

OK

Sorted my prob - thanks anyway - think pc just needed a reboot and now i have installed the software and will look later on what to do

Thanks for your time and hope i havent wasted it!!

lol

11. buuf

buuf Member

I've recently purchased Sonic Heroes and I have a question. If i put the game in my computer and I see the files come up on the folder, can't I just rip them from there, skipping the first two steps with dvd decrypter and isobuster?

12. SOB_HUNK

SOB_HUNK Member

Hi I just bought Sonic Heroes Today and I am trying to backup my game,I have a DMS3 V2.0 modchip with V7 PS2,I used dvd decrypter to make an image file in my hardrive and then burn it with 1x.It doesnt work it stops at the LOADING SCREEN and wont go any further.Please Help Me to fix this Problem.I have already wasted3 DVD-R cds.Thank you for your help.

13. finalkni

finalkni Member

Can someone please help me! i have been at this for hours...........and gettin no response

well..........i got the cd/dvd generator to create the .000, .001, .002 files........as well as the .iml, ims..............but i can't seem to get it as a .iso file...........

i tried the whole
    C:/> copy /b sonic.000 + sonic.001 + sonic.002 sh.iso
    and it says that it cannot find the specified path.................then i tried a program called IML 2 ISO enhanced and got this:
    Error log file for : sonic.iml
    Current program version : 1.2
    Working folder : C:\Documents and Settings\GEO\Desktop\sonic h\
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\SYSTEM.CNF was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\SLPM_654.31 was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\MODULES\IOPRP280.IMG was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\MODULES\PACKIRX.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\STAGE.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\MOVIE.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\STAGE07.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\STAGE09.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\STAGE13.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\STAGE40.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\STAGE03.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\STAGE01.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\STAGE05.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\STAGE11.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\ADV.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\STAGE28.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\STAGE27.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\STAGE26.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\STAGE33.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\EVENT_G.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\EVENT_F.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\EVENT_S.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\EVENT_I.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\EVENT_J.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\EVENT_E.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\EVENT_K.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\STAGE32.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\ASAVE.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\STAGE31.BIN was found !
    File E:\_DUMMY_.BIN\_DUMMY_.BIN was found !
    File E:\PS2 Files\Sonic Heroes\Sonic H. rip\ROFS.CVM was found !
    Can't find sonic.ims" 60825 file !
    There are missing files, the ISO can't be built successfully !

and once again..........i am stuck.............*sigh*.........is there any other way to get the .000-.002 files into .iso files..........if so........could someone please tell me.........i would really appreciate it.....thx in advance!

14. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

If you have you files on the E:\ drive then use this instead.

cd E:\

which will give you this

E:\>
    now just type this in
    E:\>copy /b sonic.000 + sonic.001 + sonic.002 sh.iso

If you have your .iml files in your actual C:\ drive and are not placed in folders just type this in.

cd C:\
    which will give you this
    C:\>
    Now just type this in
    C:\>copy /b sonic.000 + sonic.001 + sonic.002 sh.iso

Make sure you don't put your files in folders in your drive.You should be able to open up your C:\ drive or E:\ drive and see them there without browsing through folders.The files you need to have in your drive are you .iml files (the sonic.000,sonic.001,and the sonic.002).Try this out and if this doesn't work I will help you out again.Try to put your files in your actually C:\ drive don't use the desktop.I think the one you have your files in is the E:\ drive.

15. finalkni

finalkni Member

Thank u L-Burna.........i did what u said and moved it to the c:\ drive and created an iso image.....it is about 2.84 gigs.......is that right?.....because the original was about 4.37? is this right? if not did i do something wrong.......well.....i guess i'll try burning it later......thankx once again

16. Taneitor

Taneitor Member

Hey guys! I've got a problem, I did it all right but after de sony cd/dvd.. it appears 4 files. Sonic (hacha file), sonic.001, sonic.002, and sonic.lst, I tried to copy sonic (hacha), 001 and 002 but I can't do it. So I tried to copy sonic.001, sonic.002 and sonic.lst and it appears an ISO image but I think it's too small, only 2.4Gbs...I' using the Spanish version....cuz I'm spanish. :) What can I do? Zanks!

17. finalkni

finalkni Member

yeah........same here.........i did the image conversion and followed the directions.........but the sonic image file went from a 4.37 or sumthin to like a 2.7 something or other...........is this right? anyone know?

18. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yes this is right the original dummy file is 1.67 gig when you replace it with the swapmagicfix file it makes it where the dummy file is barely nothing.This is actually a rip to compensate with swap magic where as the swap magic dvd is not big enough to play the game if it is burned at a 1:1 copy.The game is probably over the swap magic limits.I think my iso file only came out to something like that also 2.7 gig so try it out and see if it works.

19. Taneitor

Taneitor Member

Hi! It doesn't work, I put the swap magic and then the back up and the screen turns blue but it doesn't start. Well, it doesn't matter, thanks anyway!

20. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey Taneitor try to see if you can build the iso file with the sonic.000,sonic.001,and the sonic.002 .This might be the problem.I don't think you need the .lst file when building the iso file.