1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Spinning Problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by gnizzle44, Jun 27, 2007.

1. gnizzle44

gnizzle44 Member

all right heres the trouble. i have a slim ps2, and its modded. most of the games i have work fine. but some do not. the main game in perticular is kingdom hearts 2. i'll put in swap magic, put in the disk and then nothing. the laser stays on as if reading but the disk slows down then just stops spinning. it also does this with super dbz and guilty gear xx slash. and on top of that, it wont read swap magic cd version or cds in general. can someone help me out with this.

2. KiNtArO01

KiNtArO01 Guest

r they burnt games if so burn to better media or write the iso slower
    ummm possibly u could have splashed solder but i doubt it so lemme know

3. gnizzle44

gnizzle44 Member

no its not the disks. me and my friends use the same media and burning program. he and i share all the disks. but he has no problems at all. but the thing is its only a few of my games. and i dont want to waste a bunch of disks(no money) if thats not the problem.

4. raiderj

raiderj Regular member

Sounds like a laser issue, or maybe a limitation with the swap magic.

5. gnizzle44

gnizzle44 Member

i dont think its the laser. because it reads other games just fine. its just the few and cds that wont spin. or just stop spinning
    but thanks for the help you guys. this is my 2nd slim ps2. i dont feel like getting another one