1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 swap magic 3.3 backup help

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Thanat0s, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Thanat0s

Thanat0s Guest

how exactly do you go about burning ps2 backups? i cant get ANY method ive tried to work... any suggestions?

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Well, what methods have you tried? Using 'Dvd Decrypter' to read/write works wonders.

3. addz85

addz85 Member

Hey Guy's I'm sorry to dissapoint you but the reason swap magic 3 does not copy is due to an "intetnional Bad Sectors" on the data of the disc. The company saw us coming. What the modern copying programmes do is fixes the bad sectors which is why the copies don't work properly.

That just leaves me with one option and that is to diacect the files and place them in the files seperately. Or you could just buy a mod Chip.

4. Thanat0s

Thanat0s Guest

well, so far ive tried making a direct copy of the dvd... then we tried clonedvd... i dont know what else to try..

5. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

...Try 'Dvd Decrypter', it's free and can be found on this site.

Also, if your system is not modded in some way, (i.e. modchip, hdd, or boot discs), then the backup disc won't boot anyway.

6. Thanat0s

Thanat0s Guest

haha.. we are using swap magic 3.3.

7. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Along with a 'fliptop' or the 'slidecard' method?

8. Thanat0s

Thanat0s Guest

fliptop or slide card method? whatever do you mean? we have the components installed to make the ps2 think the lid is closed even when it is not... what are these methods you speak of? we have one of the new slim ps2s.

9. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Doh, hah fill me in on this stuff man. Ok that stuff was for all the older models. If you are using the slimtool or one of the 'tape mods' you should be fine.

So did you get any backups running then?

10. Thanat0s

Thanat0s Guest

okay. we are using the slimtool, maybe? all i know is we installed some things into fooling the ps2 that the lid is closed, even when its not. but, i dont know the exact procedure on burning backups. we have a few scratched games and what not, and its imperative that we get this underway! plus a few that arent scratched, heh.

11. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Well, make sure you grab 'Dvd Decrypter' and open it up. Select (Mode>iso>read) from the menu at the top. Put your ps2 original dvd game into a dvd-rom/burner drive and read it to your hdd.

When this is finished, you will end up with an .iso file and a .mds file. Switch over to (Mode>iso>write) from the menu at the top and put in a blank dvdr into your dvd burner drive. Select the .mds file to burn. (make sure .mds and .iso are still in same folder as eachother)

For best results, burn at 1x or 2x. Use quality dvdr media, such as: Verbatim datalifeplus, Taiyo Yuden, Philips, HP, etc. I use 4x max media as well.

12. addz85

addz85 Member

Hey guys, I know we have cracked the swap magic discs now. but some people seem a little unsure on how to trick the pS2 Slimline into thinking it is still closed. Well here it is for you.
    1.undo the black little plugs on the base of your PS to reveal screws undo them and try not to break the seal.
    Look underneath and you will see a screw tighten up a little bit. look where the power standby button is you will see a button, This makes the disc spin tape it up with a little bit of sellotape and you can now play games with the front lid open.

13. Lynchmob

Lynchmob Member

OK so there is no way possible to create back up Swap Magic boot discs? Surely there has got to be a fix for this. And if not, this means that its either go out and buy another copy of Swap Magic and use it with my slide card OR get a mod chip...correct? (i have a ps2 v6 i think)

14. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Even if you do get a good 'backup' of SwapMagic, there's still the main problem, you can't straight boot a burnt copy. You would need a real SwapMagic disc to boot your 'backup' SwapMagic disc.