1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 swap magic 3.3 on memory card boot?!?!?! HELP!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by sty55555, Apr 27, 2005.

1. sty55555

sty55555 Member

For those who have been here for a long time may feel that this questions is repetative but im a newbie and would like some help. i am trying to boot the swap magic 3.3 from the memory card and it doesn't work. i have the dvd and cd versions and went to the official website of swap magic. the guide they gave me was to dl "SMBOOT" and install it by using the swap disc. i did and then i put in the swap magic 3.3 in dvd/cd version and it shows a naplink screen. i do not know how to use the nap link nor do i have a usb to usb cable that is compatible with ps2 to pc. i followed the instructions of changin the instructions in the "FILE.LST" in the "SMBOOT" folder. i tried many combinations and burned the .cue file and it still gives me a naplink screen. i have wasted 5 cds into trying to figure out how to install the swap magic 3.3 program into the memory card. i would like to know if it is even possible and if it is...is there a way that i can install the program into the memory card without naplink and just by puting in the homemade cd and installing the neccesary files??? I would appreciate the response and steps to how to do this. thanks!
    p.s. i know this would help out a lot of peeps out there trying to preserve their swap magic discs from being damaged!!!! and thanks again!!

2. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

3. sty55555

sty55555 Member

that thread does not really help me. thanks for the reply though. what im mainly asking is if that the swap magic 3.3 can boot JUST from the memory card ALONE. and if it matters i have the ps2 slim design.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i don't think memory card exploits work with the slim ps2.

5. ilcmdme

ilcmdme Regular member

from which website did you guys download the ps2 boot disc

6. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member