1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 swap magic 3.3 problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by HaloPimp, Jan 28, 2005.

1. HaloPimp

HaloPimp Member

i just got the new PStwo and i'm using swap magic 3.3 with the slimtool. i used them on my old ps2 and it worked great but now i'm using it on the new ps2 and the games thats worked just fine are giving trouble, sometimes loading screens just stay freezed and sometimes the ps2 thinks the disk is missing. if anyone has had similar problems let me know because if it isn't that i'll just return it to the store.

2. kyozetsu

kyozetsu Member

Were the old and new ps2 both slim ps2s? If so, then its a problem with the PS2 itself ofcoure.... I think. How would you be able to get slimtool onto the old PS2 anyway, it was built for the slimlime.

3. Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne Regular member

sounds like a media problem.

ps2's are quite picky over +/- media especially the later models older ones loved -R only new ones seem to prefer +R.

i replaced the laser on my v9 to find that all my dvd-r backups didnt work and i had to re-back them up onto +R.

best game to check is GTA:SA

back it up onto both + and -R and try both you will see the difference immediately.

read my post on this subject.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/132748

4. l_benson

l_benson Guest

Hi all, im also having problems, I have bought Swap Magic 3.3 and have also obtained the door fort no my new ps2 slim, I havent connected the door though I have tryed burning a game as if a normal DVD, I need help on how you burn the original ps2 game to disk please if any one can help?

5. HaloPimp

HaloPimp Member

my first ps2 was a 30001 V0 and now a got a slim ps2 70012, i used the swap magic 3.3 with slide card and it worked great. I think media is part of the problem but i played THUG 2 with a dvd+ and DEMONSTONE with a dvd- and they both worked. in another post they told me that the media i'm using memorex dvd- is actually the worst for making backups. will someone tell me wich is a good brand to use. good quality at a good price

6. l_benson

l_benson Guest

Ive been told its the format im writing the discs in. Just like confirmation that this swap magic works with a ps2 slim. do you have to use the CD doors they ask you to use or can you use the standard ps2 slim door that comes with it?

7. geez85

geez85 Member

i had the same problems with the games working on my old ps2 and not on the new pstwo...I backed up my games and changed the media (from Ritek g05 to princo) and it worked very nicely...

ive heard that the princos arent a good brand and also heard the ritek medias were really good...you're best of tryin a different media and at slower speeds....

Hope this works out for ya!!!!

8. l_benson

l_benson Guest

okies thanks, Im still having no luck I believe its the way im buring the discs, not the disc itself. DO you have to have the lid top or can you use swap magic with the ps2's original disc flap???? please help, thanks guys

9. HaloPimp

HaloPimp Member

to use the swap magic 3.3 on the slim Ps2 you need to install the slimtool you can learn more about slimtool at www.slimtool.com and you can get them at www.techwizad.com

10. l_benson

l_benson Guest