1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 Swap Magic and Slide Tool.

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by wisecrack, Mar 6, 2005.

1. wisecrack

wisecrack Member

Hi, recently I bought a copy of swap magic (3.3) and the swap magic tool. It said it works on all versions of ps2's so I didn't bother to check. I bought it thinking it would work and also a NTSC version of Tekken 5. as I have a PAL playstation. I follow the instructions found on some random site, (as they're not supplied with it!)Slide the tool across, come to a hault, work my way around and finally get a grasp on something. as I pull it seems increasingly difficult. unlike the person on the video I downloaded. I begin to pull harder untill it finally comes out, by about an inch. Hardly enough to see the disk or to do anything about swaping the disk. So now, I'm stuck with a stupid peice of equipment that doesn't work, and a game I cannot play. Any help guys? or do I have to buy a NTSC ps2 or install a mod chip into my ps2...?

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Hmm, the drive tray is definitely not normally hard to pull out manually. Only thing i would think is that you didn't get the little white peg all the way over to the right completely.

Does the drive tray still open/close with the eject button normally? Hopefully it didn't come off the track forcing it out.

3. wisecrack

wisecrack Member

uh, what white peg? can someone supply me with a picture of the disk tray. the only thing that looks possible to be pulled on is the shark tooth shapped thing that goes all the way along the tray. but it can hardly be moved left or right.

4. bagogrits

bagogrits Member

5. gamewooky

gamewooky Member

Did u sort it out from the diagram/link. If you are still having trouble and your tray is stuck. you have moved the white peg out of its runner and you will need to open your ps2 and move the white peg back into the correct place its fairly straight forward.

wite back if you need help!

Wooky

6. Akazecks

Akazecks Regular member

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  7. Robot3000

Robot3000 Member

Where can I find cheap Swap Magic with chipping tool and Swap Magic disc over the internet

8. gamewooky

gamewooky Member

robot3000

www.swap-magic.co.uk

Cheapest around ! comes with slide tool to open the door not a chipping tool!

Wooky

9. Robot3000

Robot3000 Member

Thank you gamenookie for the website. It is quite cheap and i will probably buy it. The one i am going to buy is 18.99 with free P&P, can you get it cheaper anywhere else with free P&P.

10. gamewooky

gamewooky Member

Robot!

Not as far as I am aware its the cheapest, you have to wait a few days for it though as its free pp. I bought mine and a day after they put the prices up by £2 I would say mine took a week to arrive. hope this helps.

Cheers
    Wooky