1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 swap magic cd loader ps2menu

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by wozbacca, Aug 25, 2004.

1. wozbacca

wozbacca Member

hi all,
    i've recently got we8 which is a genius game. i've also downloaded an updated option file for the game with up to date rosters and kits etc.

to copy on to the MC is proving to be really difficult.

im using swap magic 2 (i have tried v3 too) to boot into cd loader, to then boot the cd iso with ps2menu and the option file on. for some reason, it is refusing to boot the ps2menu disc.

im completely bemused as it boots the cdloader disc fine, and if i run swap magic > ps2menu, then it boots halfway but fails because you need the cd laoder.

using the cdloader then ps2menu, it just doesnt spin up properly.

i've tried burning it with different cdrw apps (nero/cdrwin etc) and on different discs but still no joy.

ultimately i want to get hdloader running off the MC, but i cant make a bootable cd with the files i need on it.

im wondering if i've messed up somewhere.

whats annoying is that i managed to get it working the first time when i made a disc with a v0.1 of the option file. now there is v2.0 and i need all the updates aswell as the option to add homebrew apps to my ps2 MC and HD! if i can get it working once, then i can put ftp on it, and be able to ftp straight to the MC

please help as im running out of cdr's and patience

2. claudiu23

claudiu23 Member