1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Swap Magic Question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by thelast50, Apr 30, 2007.

1. thelast50

thelast50 Member

Hello my ps2 is the ps2 that has 8 scews not 10.
    AND i am going to buy swap magic soon.
    I just have a few questions.
    First

What is the latest swap magic, swap magic3.6 or swap magic 3.8?

Secound

What else do i need for backups to work besides the ps2 flip-top cover and the swap magic disk? IS that all i need?

Third

What is Swap Magic Coder, What is the difference between the ordinary Swap Magic And Swap Magic Coder, Do i Even need Swap Magic Coder or do
    i only need the ordinary swap magic?

Fourth

What is the best brand for dvd-r? I want the best type of brand.

Fith

I u have a backup of a new game will it work in swap magic 3.6
    Im talking about a game like Madden NFL 2010 will it work?
    IF u have swap magic 3.6 and a new game backup will it work?

SIx

What is the best program for burning and backing up games?

THATS IT!

SOMEONE PLEASE REPLY

2. orthogonl

orthogonl Regular member

Swap Magic v3.8, also known as Swap Magic CODER, adds the ability of loading Action Replay cheats to the booted game. However, some users have complained that CODER has some compatibility issues as well as known bugs. For example, some games that work on v3.6 do not work with CODER. Consequently, v3.6 remains the most popular version of Swap Magic. If cheat codes are not important to you, I recommend Swap Magic v3.6.

Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs are considered to be some of the best among enthusiasts due to their high quality burns, low failure rates, and media longevity. They are also used by drive manufacturers and Sony PlayStation developers. Verbatim, Phillips, and Sony AccuCOREs (made in Japan) are also very good. You can purchase media from an online retailer such as http://www.supermediastore.com (USA).

The majority of games will work fine with Swap Magic. For a few however, typically those sized over 4.35GB you will need to rebuild the game (there are various guides on how to do this in the PS2 DVD Backup forum).

The software factors very little over the burn quality, the media used, the quality of the optical drive and it's firmware are far more important. In that respect, DVD Decrypter/ImgBurn, Alcohol 120%, Nero, etc. are all perfectly adequate. I personally use DVD Decrypter most often, not to mention it is free.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007