1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Swap Magic

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by watts320, Oct 21, 2004.

1. watts320

watts320 Member

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  2. crookery

crookery Member

i htink all slide cards are the same for all versions of swap magic

3. jules_c

jules_c Guest

Hi
    I’ve just purchased magic swap 2.0 eur build for my pal v7 ps2 from slidecardkit.co.uk. Reading through some articles on the web I believe that I can only burn to DVD-R. I have tried a bacjup movie on DVD+R format and it works but the quality aint great.
    I believe the pink border means bad media.
    I have a P4 3Ghz with Nero express record now and clone DVD. Are these suitable to copy games? I will download dvd drecriptor as thats what most people recomend along with burning at 1 or 2x max and from an image on the HDD.
    Do I make an exact copy or is there anything technical I need to know?
    Do I need one of the Cdloader V7 fixes from the SWAPMAGiCFiX.COM website and if so are they specific to each game.
    Naïve I may be, it seems that I cant just put a game into my pc and copy it directly to dvd and then play it using magic swap disks.
    Any help much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2004
  4. petemistr

petemistr Member

can i play a backup game without a swap cd or anything for my v7 ps2 or do i need sumthin sum1 pls tell me

5. mtlmark23

mtlmark23 Member

As far as I know your not playing any backups what-so-ever unless you have a modchip installed, or a smart card with a boot cd. If you attempt the impossible let me know ;)

6. wannadie

wannadie Member

well as a modiflying company owner the swap cd is meant to be used with a mochiped system there are those chips wich u don't have to use the swap cd i hope this anwsers ur ?:O

7. wannadie

wannadie Member

oh and if some peeps don't know this games are files wich are backed up on disc so if ur system wasn't already pre-moded then it can't read the disc :)))))

8. EYEShurt

EYEShurt Regular member

can i burn magic swap disk and use the burnt copy instead

9. dud0r

dud0r Member

no you can't you can boot a copy of swap magic with the original swap magic but that ain't useful

10. Assasin12

Assasin12 Guest

Hey i just wanted to know if there is swap magic cd for ps2 that works without having to have to install a mod chip or doing anything to the ps2 that includes oppening it or anything like that? I also have a generation 3 ps2 so i dont have a flip top or anything can anyone help out ?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]t[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2004
  11. petemistr

petemistr Member

can i use a slide card and a swap magic disk

12. mantecca

mantecca Member

Yes. I am using Swap magic DVD v2.0 and CD v3.2 . They both work for me without a Mod Chip. You do have to remove the front cover to the disk tray but it is very simple. Once you get the hang of the slide card (3 or 4 times)it is very routine. The only problem seems to be the slide card seems to be breaking away slowly.

13. SmokeIt

SmokeIt Guest

if there is no need for a mod chip to used Swap Magic then all i need to do is buy that then just use dvd decryptor burn the iso file and im set or is there a missing link i need..... i have clone dvd which is crap i mainly use dvd shrink what would my best option be i wanna start backing up games and am trying to do it right without breakin my system

14. mantecca

mantecca Member

Make sure you get swap magic with either the flip-top or the slide card. You'll need those to get the Swap magic disc to complete the process. I think DVD dycrypter is good. I like using alcohol 120% to burn them.

15. SmokeIt

SmokeIt Guest

I havent really checked out alchol 120% yet i mainly use dvd shrink it seems to work the best for backing up my disks since it all works on the fly not to mention its freeware so you cant beat the price of free.....isnt there a way you can take the front off of the ps2 and tape down the drawer clips so all you have to do is put a piece of tape on the bottom of the drawer and pull it out without messing with the slide card??? I know it a ghetto way but seems like it might be easier either that or i will look into the flip top

16. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

watss320,

Take your email out of your sig.

17. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I found something off this one site which is the Swap Magic Cd V3.0 on Dvd.You just boot it up with Swap Magic Dvd V2.0 and you can change regions and do TOC swaps with it,pretty cool I thought.It isn't the new version I think that is suppose to come out,but hopefully there will be a Swap Magic Dvd V3.0 out soon.I know Swap Magic is making a V3.3 cd disc so hopefully they will release a newer build of the Dvd version also.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  18. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

hi l-burna the swapmagic people are suposed to be releasing a new version of the dvd disc at the same time as the new cd version so you should get swapmagic ver 3.3 cd and dvd

19. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Oh alright thanks for clearing that up devilhunt I was thinking they might delay that disc.I hope it does come out and they don't push it back though.I will be looking forward to the Dvd version when that is released.

20. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

imformation about it seem hard to find but from what i have found so far it appears they will both be released in about a weeks time