1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Swipe card info

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dbth, Dec 15, 2002.

1. dbth

dbth Guest

Hi guys, Have any of you come across the Swipe card which allows you to play copied PS2 games ?. the link to this is "http://homepage.ntlworld.com/checkmate". i have one and have used the "Swap Magic" discs to play a copied game and it works a treat.

What I wanna know is that I was under the impression that simply copying a PS2 game to a DVD-R would be sufficient for me to play it using this swipe card method.

Then I came across this forum which mentioned patching the games etc. Do I still need to patch the games even if I use this playback method ?

Thanks._X_X_X_X_X_[small]D B T H[/small]

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Why so much trouble...Are Modchips that expensive ?
    No b*lshit .. just put your copy in the tray and play..!
    For example Messiah and Magic. No swap no nothing..!

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I have no experience with this "Swipe Card" but from what the site says you can boot everything.

Qoute "What I wanna know is that I was under the impression that simply copying a PS2 game to a DVD-R would be sufficient for me to play it using this swipe card method."

I would say there should not be a problem since there are 2 Swap Magic Discs one for CD and one for DVD.

Qoute "Then I came across this forum which mentioned patching the games etc. Do I still need to patch the games even if I use this playback method?"

I have never patched any of my backups and they work fine, but I don't know about your swipe card method. Give it a try!

I have a question for you, would you be able to trace the swipe card and measure it also with a ruler or scan the swipe card into a scanner and email me the dimensions/scan? I would like to see if it works on my version of PS2 with a Neo 2.2 chip and GameShark. Dexter

4. dbth

dbth Guest

Thanks for your replies. I'll have to get meself a DVD writer i think!. I don't think I can put the dimensions of the swipe card on this forum as the seller has my address and he might not be too pleased if I put the details about the swipe card here!. i initially bought it from the QXL auction site as that's where I saw it advertised. It was £10 there as well. you can buy it from the link above, as he accepts payments via nochex, which is what i used.

5. Sgt_USMC

Sgt_USMC Member

Wizkid, the reason why people are avoiding the solder chip is because they are not experience with soldering. It’s not that easy to find someone local that installs them. So they look for alternate methods, you can’t blame them for this. I’ve read everywhere that your saying, “magic 3 is the only way to go. Is it that much more to just buy a magic 3?” Well Wizkid not everyone wants to take a chance on fu*king up their unit.

6. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

You don't have to post it here you could e-mail me with the info. The seller has no right to what you do with what you own after the purchase and cannot pursue ANY type of action after the POS (point of sale). Very much like buying a PS2 then putting a chip in it, you own the item and you can do with it what you please. Dexter