1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 through TV Tuner help needed

Discussion in 'PS2' started by eadff, Sep 30, 2004.

1. eadff

eadff Member

Im a newb, so be nice.

Okay, heres my problem:

I have a leadtek 2000xp deluxe tv tuner and Im trying to hook it up to my PS2. I can get the picture on screen, but I dont have sound.

I have the madcatz s-video adapter
    [​IMG]

and i connected the S-video out on the adapter to the S-Video/RCA cable in the picture below(The black cable on the right) which is connected to the s-video on my tuner.
    [​IMG]

Now I assumed the other small cable on the S-video/RCA was to be connected to one of those red white or yellow cables on my ps2 adapter, but I dont get sound with any combination i connect to. What am i supposed to connect??? I can't fit my pc speaker line into that either.

2. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

OK... Here goes.

The tv tuner card has nothing to do with sound. The red and white connectors from your PS2 are for Left and Right channel sound. Your sound card/headphone jack on your PC is almost definitely a 1/8" headphone jack. If a set of headphones will work on your PC then BINGO! Take your PS2 cable with the red and blue wires to Radio Shack and tell them you need a Y-Adapter to connect two RCA-Style connectors to one Stereo 1/8" headphone jack. Better yet, just ask for part # 274-369 or (part # 274-883 if you want to pay more). They probably have more part #s that will work too.

Best of Luck!