1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 to Monitor using composite to USB

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kmanic, Oct 12, 2011.

1. kmanic

kmanic Member

I have been looking for a while for a way to hook up my PS2 to my computer monitor for a while now. My monitor is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254052 a 27" LCD 1080 p monitor. I do not want to spend a lot of money on a VGA box or TV tuner card. However, I have stumbled upon this product today: which is a RCA to USB for a relatively cheap price. I was wondering if this would work in my case, and if I would experience a huge decrease in quality. As for my computer it has more than enough power (3.2 ghz hex core AMD, 8 gb ram, AMD 7870 gpu). As for the connections or vga boxes I have many cables that are VGA to dvi, and s video to RCA but I heard that the signal will still be analog after, is that true as well?

2. grenskul

grenskul Member

either go to ebay and get a ps2 to vga that used to come with the Linux kit or a TV tuner or vga box there isn't any other way

btw the link you gave that is to record videos not to play i believe but i could be wrong

3. kmanic

kmanic Member

I heard that the ps2 to vga linux kit has many bugs and has severe fram rate issues is this true? And as for the composite to usb I was thinking that it would have to stream on the screen to record since there is only one output for the ps2 and you would presumably be recording a playthrough (thus requiring a screen)

4. grenskul

grenskul Member

i am willing to bet that it supposed to be used with a Y splitter and i do think a vga box is your best choice but if you can't buy the vga one that may be an option