1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 to ps2 hookup

Discussion in 'PS2' started by SuperBall, Jan 7, 2007.

1. SuperBall

SuperBall Member

I read a thread on here. Someone asked how to hook up two slim ps2's together on a lan connection. I found myself.. still somewhat confused and not completly understanding. Now... What I want to know.. Is, is it possible to connect two slim ps2's and two seperate TV's together on a LAN line and without and Internet connection. If so what am I going to need? and what do i have to do? I live out of tone and my internet connection isnt that great due to the fact that Brandband is not available to met as of yet.

Pretty much I just wanna play a few games such as any NFS games that are able to use LAN Connection. GT3 and 4, and possibly GTA:LCS.

Could I just run a straight modem line from ps2 to ps2 or is there something more I must do. Somebody help... please

2. bluejet

bluejet Regular member

You will need a cross over cable which is used to connect the ps2's directly. You dont need an internet connection to play lan

3. SuperBall

SuperBall Member

I've tried that and its still not working.. Using GT4 as an example. I setup one ps2 both Ip address are different i have 1 set as the host the other not both console names are different. And i can sit there for hours just watching the screen waiting for connection . What next.