1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Too Slow

Discussion in 'PS2' started by h4mza, Mar 19, 2007.

1. h4mza

h4mza Member

I just dropped my ps2 (the fat one) from 2 meters, and now the games take ages to load, the dvds and cd player works fine bur the games don't. I have tried Laser Lens cleaner and nothing changed and also i left my PS2 on for 10 hours upside down, and now i checked it, but still nothing happened. Please help

2. joshont

joshont Regular member

same thing happened to me but with a slim one, it just stopped playing games, it will show the disc in the browser, then i choose it and i get the playstation logo, then it goes back to the browser, so i just got another ps2, if someone out there can help out with this problem, please..............HELP!

3. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

This thing happens when your laser is wearing out probably cracked it or samething.

4. simmo2302

simmo2302 Regular member

may have a crack in the bord somewhere. i dont kno if the main board is like a motherboard in a computer. but a motherboard in a computer is 11 layers thicks so u cant fix it... :-(

also dont forget that there r two lenses to a laser. the top 1 u can clean and 1 further inside the laser itself. if top lens is not cleaned regularly dust can work its way into the laser and onto lower lens which u cant clean.

(worked as a audio-visual tech for a year at chandlers)

5. steimy

steimy Active member

you may have just knocked the laser off a bit. You can read a guid on how to adjust the laser and try that, it may fix the problem.

6. h4mza

h4mza Member

Could anyone please send me a guide?

7. fatfatso

fatfatso Guest

If you broke anything inside, it is irreversible. Ebay anther unit a fix it up. As far as a guide, you can google help too!

8. steimy

steimy Active member