1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 tray jammed

Discussion in 'PS2' started by themusic, Feb 16, 2005.

1. themusic

themusic Member

hello.

my ps2 tray wont eject, when i switch it on and i press eject it tries to eject and it does eject a really small bit, but then it wont go any further iv tried using the slide tool but it wont open, its almost snapping when im putting so much pressure on the tray trying to pull it out.

does anyone know what it could be?

2. clownz325

clownz325 Member

I installed a flip top on my buddies ps2 and the tray wont eject unless you open up the lid about 2 inches. I re-installed it about 3 times and still nothing. It was installed correctly. What version do you have? His would come out about a 1/2 an inch to an inch then go right back in. Do you have a flip top? Did it start when you started using the slide tool? Post back w/ more nfo! -Clownz-

3. themusic

themusic Member

im not sure which version i have. its an old one where you just have to clip the front cover of the ps2 off instead of unscrewing it so i can use the slide tool.

yes it happened when i tried using the slide tool

4. Bradly

Bradly Member

same thing happened to me when i was using the slide card ... maybe ill take the cover off & see whats up !

5. Bradly

Bradly Member

kool dont even need the slide card anymore & my imports accually works now sweet

6. gill_1979

gill_1979 Member

Hi! Can anybody help me with a similar problem. Just tried to use my new slide tool for the first time and the damn thing screwed up my tray so it only ejects part way, then closes again. I've taken the top off my machine and tried to re-align the tray but then it won't close properly. If I align it so it closes, it won't open properly! Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

7. steimy

steimy Active member

Mine did that too at one point because one it gets screwed up it needs a bit of force to fix it. With mine, which has a flip top, i opened the flip top and pressed eject. i could see that the laser was going up and down as the tray ejected, but because it was part way out when it got stuck the laser was what was stopping it. It would come up when the tray went in and since it the tray was not in the correct position when it started the laser would come up and block it from going back in all the way.

Now i have had this problem on 2 PS2's and fixed them both, but follow these instructions at your own risk.

I manually pulled the tray all the way out to it's fullest open position, it will make lots of noise and sound like you are breaking it. then press eject and see if it goes all the way in. If not then force it all the way in manually and try pressing eject again.
    you may want to take off the tray cover and the cover to the disc tray as well to make sure before you start pushing and pulling on it that the laser is not getting in the way. If it is then make sure you press eject so it lowers before you try pulling and pushing on the disc tray.

I know both of mine worked fine after i did that.

8. cal981

cal981 Member

If its a flip top you need to losing the screws just a bit what you can try is attach the flip top with no screws see if the tray open if so put the first screws in dont screw them all the way down see if they tray ejects if so go on to the next set of screws and so on once you have all the screws in place start tightening the screws while stoping and ejecting the tray if it locks on a pair of screw loosing them till the try reopens.I had to play with mine but got it perfect.

9. uji2b1k

uji2b1k Regular member

my ps2 also had a simial problem, i opened the ps2 and found the dvd- drive and i moved it around a bit and kept on seeing if it open until it did, sorry if this is no help to you, but it worked for me !!!!!!!!!!!!

10. briyam

briyam Member

like cal said it the screws on the bottom of your ps2. i installed a fliptop 2 days ago and got ready to play and my tray did the samething. just keep untighting them until the tray ejects

11. ein2006

ein2006 Member

Jolly Good! I just did what steimy suggested and now my tray works like a charm. Much thanks steimy.

12. steimy

steimy Active member

no problem man, i am not an expert on jammed trays but i do know what worked for me.

13. boykiller

boykiller Regular member

wat was wrong with mine was the disk was a bit sticky when i put it in and got stuck to the thing.all i had to do was open the ps2 lift up the thing were the disk is then close it.then clean the disk wit metolathed spirits and it worked fine then BUT DONT TOUCH ANYTHING while your in were the disk is it fusks up the lens and you cant play dvds.i no from experience

14. namembal

namembal Member

OK this is what u need to do mate..and i swear it works...i had the exact same problem..what you do is you keep ur ps2 in a vertical position and then u tilt it a bit to the left side and then u press the eject button..The tilt should be on the same side as the eject button..For example..now how should i explain this..when the ps2 is vertical let the eject button be on the left..and then u eject it..and if u cant figure out what im saying just add me to msn namembal@hotmail.com i'll send u a pic of it

15. haji1

haji1 Guest

tari mani gan benchot harami no kutro. Tari ma bo hari che. Ena Bubla bo hara che. Tari ma mar hate bo gang bang kare. Uh Uh Uh. tari ma ni puppy bo nice che. Tari ma kem che. E maru pencil ne suck kare.