1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 tray will not open completely.. help needed!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by petvshow, Aug 13, 2007.

1. petvshow

petvshow Member

hi,

im sorry if this question was already answered. i looked through a lot of topics on this forum but couldn't seem to find the answer to my problem... but anyway..

after installing the slide tool on my ps2, i cant seem to get the tray to open completely.. it opens about an inch, and gets stuck. the tray closes, but not completely. However, I still attempted to insert the swap magic boot disk and noticed that when the tray is closed all the way, the DVD does not spin, and the DVD seems to almost pop up a little bit, making my ps2 unable to read the disk..

would anyone be able to walk me through the process of getting the tray to open and close completely?

(ive been waiting for this imported game to come in for WEEKS and WEEEKS, and now this happens lol, im so bummed..... someone please help me!)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

- Dave

2. immortal5

immortal5 Regular member

My guess is you knocked the cd tray of its track. You will have to open up your ps2, lift up while pulling out on your tray to be able to fully extend it, then see if it will then slide back in once you power it back on and hit eject. Just keep fiddling with it. It takes a bit of trial and error.