1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 tray wont open an makes loud noise after using swap magic for 1 day

Discussion in 'PS2' started by steve9173, Feb 24, 2005.

1. steve9173

steve9173 Member

i got my m8 a swap magic set and slide tool and he used it for one day he said all he did was got up in the morning to play on it turned it on and the tray wouldnt come out now when he turns the ps2 on the console makes a awful sound like somethings spinning in it wrong and the tray will not open at all i managed to get the disc out buy opening it up but the noise is still the same,the disc seems pretty scratched maybe from the loud noise it makes, any sujjestions will b great? thx

not sure what version he has but its the silver sony ps2

2. steve9173

steve9173 Member

duno if this is any help but i have opened up my ps2 and i can c whats making the awful noise its the like cog wheel white thing spinning round as the computer turns on but i cant seem to figure out how to get into it to maybe attach something whats slipped off of it or something?

3. steimy

steimy Active member

i know my tray stopped working twice, once when i pulled it open manually. you have to make sure you force it ALL THE WAY back into the machine or it will not eject. Try pulling it out again with the PS2 off, make sure you get it out to the full amount till it will not go any further, then turn on the PS2 and press eject. If nothing happens then press on the drawer and force it all the way back in until it stops, then try the eject again.
    The other time was when the eject ribbon came out after i installed my flip top.
    Not sure what youu mean by spinning white cog is so i can't help you there.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  4. steve9173

steve9173 Member

thanks for sujjestion but ive tried everything, taking it too peices n trying to force the tray to come out pushin things in what mite b in the way but it just wont budge

the only thing i can think of is the white clip what i think is normally in the middle of the tray is on the right side now n i cant seem to movie it with slide tool or anything,