1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 tray wont open?!?!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by SHiTZ, Mar 26, 2004.

1. SHiTZ

SHiTZ Member

hi all

i have just now installed my ps2 fliptop for easier swapping of my ps2 backups. basically im trying to get silent hill 3 to work so ive been to swapmagicfix.com and have followed there instructions. so now ive got the cdloader that works, my silent hill 3 backup, fliptop. now ive done all the instructions successfullt until the point where swapmagixfix.com state that if i want to play my ps2 backups "DVD" then i must press eject. NOW this is where i am a little stumped as "my ps2 tray does not eject" all it does is like wants to come out (by the sound) but then goes back in (another sound), as if its not being allowed to come out.

any ideas??

thnx in advance :)

2. sobhy2406

sobhy2406 Regular member

you could try manualy opening it with a slide card or knife trick

3. cactus862

cactus862 Guest

I had same problem on weekend when it got dropped , check the tray that is on the disk for when it is in upright position, that might of popped off a bit and will stop it from opening. Hope it is that easy of a fix for you too.

4. SHiTZ

SHiTZ Member

thnx for ure replies.
    its not a prob anymore as i am now playing silent hill 3 :).
    all i had to do at the point of swapping cd loader with swap magic dvd, was insert swap magic dvd with flip top and just press eject even the tray not coming out still works.

thnx again