1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 turning off after playing a while =(

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ropeadope, Feb 12, 2005.

1. ropeadope

ropeadope Regular member

My PS2 just turns off after i play a while sometimes, sometimes i can play an hour 1/2 without it doing it, sometimes it'll shut down within a half hour of play. This is a recent thing. What could be the prob? I could operate on it to some extent, but i might not know what i'm doing.

2. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

what do you mean it 'turns off'?

is your console modified in any way?

3. sdipc123

sdipc123 Member

check the fan might be overheating...

4. ropeadope

ropeadope Regular member

What do you think i mean? =p

Yeah i got a flip top on there, it's been on there for 4 months or so now though, and the problem started happening recently.

5. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

" What do you think i mean? =p "

I think you mean that you are an ignorant newb that doesn't deserve any help.

If you want help on this forum, please explain the problem clearly. Otherwise - if you are going to be ignorant to people trying to help you, seek out help elsewhere.

6. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Blegh, elitists and smartasses just don't mix.
    Anyways, ropeadope, it sounds like your PS2 is having some serious issues. I'm not really sure, but I think that PS2s shut off as a safety measure if they overheat.

In any case, it sounds like you're having serious problems.

And for future reference : Search the forums for people with similar problems. You'll learn the terms, jargon, and ideas that are floating around here.

For many people who don't know much about PS2s, a PS2 is just a PS2, unless it's the new slimline. You should know, there are 12 versions of the PS2, and many different subversions and dates along with them.

In order to get help, you'll need to tell us EVERYTHING about your console. First, what's the version of the PS2? If you don't know that, or can't find out, then at least give us the model number. Tell us what kind of fliptop you have, where you bought it, if you have a no-solder mod with it, or if you're using Swap Magic.

Also, explain what happens during the course of the games. Do they grind more? Are the load times longer? What games cause the shutdowns?

Come back with all that info, specifically what version and mods you're using on it, and we can help you.

Oh, and Brad, he said the system shuts down. Usually that means that the console turns off. You missed his attempt at being witty. Short fuse, mm-hmm.