1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 two (The new thin one, V12 I think) and backup games

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Z1000, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Z1000

Z1000 Member

Hi there,I have just bought the slimmed down PS2, and how nice it is! I was wondering if anyone could guide me through what I need to do in order to play backup games on CD or DVD. Do I need this thing called swap magic 'cd mod' or should I opt for a hard wired mod chip ? (if so I am in the UK so if anyone can point me to a modchip site that supplies and fits I'd be grateful). If you recommend Swap Magic (or maybe another one??) then how do I go about playing a back up game using this please??
    Thanks in advance and excuse my ignorance - we were all newbies at one time though!!
    regards and thanks
    Mark

2. rapsta

rapsta Member

Hey there

With swap magic you need to open up your V12 ps2 and switch a 'switch' in the actual ps2, its easy, but you will void your warranty.

I got my swap magic kit from http://www.consoleupgrade.com came within 3 days and works a treat :)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  3. Z1000

Z1000 Member

Just a quick thanks for the reply!

If you know of a diagram, showing the location of this switch, I'll look into doing it.

Many thanks

regards
    Mark

4. Glaga

Glaga Member

Yeah i got a V12 too and i have the swap magic 3.2 CD and 2.0 DVD but they don't work.

I just learned i have to switch a switch but which one is it? I don't want to make a mistake y'know...

5. turnejsj8

turnejsj8 Member

forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/8/110188

some one had done a guide scroll down and look the other guide the sites down and dont use super glue use tape because a lot of people have fcked up there pstwo because of super glue

6. jojo692

jojo692 Member

would love to see anewbie guide on v12 ps two.. i am confused on how this new 3.3 swapmagic works ?