1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 unable to boot Originals

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nitsua09, Jun 12, 2004.

1. nitsua09

nitsua09 Member

I Recently flashed my DMS3 modchip latest 2.2 upgrade and now only my backed up Ps2 games work. My originals do not. When I attempt to play an original game it shows the PS2 symbol and then it goes to the screen where you can look at your mem. card or click on the cd. I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem like this or if someone has any idea what the problem is?

2. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

you have to turn off your mod chip to play orignals

3. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

just hold the reset button for 3 seconds longer while turning on your system it will turn your mod off or just hold the eject button till the tray comes fully out and wait 3 seconds while the cds already in there
    if that doesnt work ill tell u something else

4. nitsua09

nitsua09 Member

My Ps2 wont allow me to disable the modchip now. Its strange, I know how disable it but it doesn't seem to work. Also before I didn't have to disable my modchip to play origianls.

5. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

you have to reinstall your chip take it out and install it again!!

6. nitsua09

nitsua09 Member

How would I go about doing this. I had someplace install it for me. Also I've heard installing the DMS3 is really difficult.

7. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

If you think you cant do it find someone else to do it for you! or birng it back to the place you got it done from and tell them it doesnt work on orignals!
    i might be able to tell you a place to get it done where do you live?

8. nitsua09

nitsua09 Member

I went to the Dms3 site and found out that the newest version has a bug that can cause this problem so I just flashed my modchip to an earlier version and now it works fine. Thanks for all your help anyways.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2004