1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 - Unable to Read Disc

Discussion in 'PS2' started by trancekat, Sep 6, 2002.

1. trancekat

trancekat Member

I've slowly been working through all the issues with backing up Kung Pow enter the Fist, and I am close to getting everything working.

I copied over all the approriate files to DVD1/VIDEO_TS/ and proceeded to remove the region limitation, the UPOP, and the annnoying warnings in the begining. The movie plays perfectly in IFOedit, but once I burn it (tried to burn it via UDF, UDF/ISO, DVD-Video[this one never worked until last night for some reason]... all with Nero), and when I go to play it, I get an error from my PS2:

Unable to Read Disc..

Anyone have any ideas?

I have successfully backed up 2 other movies on the same media as I am using to burn this movie...

thanks in advance,
    alex

2. KjbAlto

KjbAlto Member

I found that I burned a few movies on dvd-r and they work in all my friend's dvd players with the dvd-r I was using. When my friend gave me one of his dvd-r discs he bought in the store, it only played on a dvd player and not his PS2. My dvd-r discs came from www.cd-recordable.com, which closed down. So you might be having a problem wiht your media not being compatible with PS2.

3. trancekat

trancekat Member

Resolution!!

Apparently, my PS2 will read about 80% of the stuff I throw at it..

I took my bag full of Kung Pow 'bad burns' to a friend's place to see if it was the media, me, or my PS2 that was screwing up.. low and behold all of them worked in a real-deal DVD player!!

Viola!

So Now, can anyone suggest a very good DVD player that will read my backedup DVD-Rs?

4. dazila

dazila Regular member

It took 4 years but here i am to answer your Q if you still use the forum:
    It depends i know that all cheaper DVD players will read it but some big names like Panasonic diable the feature to Reduce Piracy.

Im Looking at somne of these old threads and some just make me laugh like some threads from 01 when no one knew alot about the ps2 some things that were asked were so simple but difficult back then.