1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 USB Key drive?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by afxtwn, Apr 25, 2005.

1. afxtwn

afxtwn Member

I have a key drive, is there any way I can get it to work so I can save games and such on it? Thanks! I prefer free.

2. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

There's no way to save game directly to a key drive, but you can transfer saved games between you're memory card and key drive with action replay max evolution.

This thread tells you how to do it:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/123109

3. afxtwn

afxtwn Member

4. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

That product can't save directly to the usb drive, if you look at the product details it says "easy and secure way to transfer files between your PS2 and any PC". It only says transfer, it never says anything about saving directly. There's no way to save directly to a usb drive when you're in a game because you need software for the ps2 to recognize the usb drive. The usb drive they sell though is essentialy the same as most normal usb drives, so if you can find a copy of the software anywhere without the dongle then you should be able to use you're own key drive. You should note however that not all key drives work with the software and it seems to be hit or miss whether it does, also the formating of the key drive makes a difference. I would suggest, if you have a modded ps2 to just download a copy of action replay max evo to see if it works with you're key drive.

5. afxtwn

afxtwn Member

Ahh, gocha Ill check it out, thanks for the help!