1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 usb network adapter question..

Discussion in 'PS2' started by duboy1, Oct 1, 2004.

1. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

Hello. I ordered a wireless netgear router with a usb network adapter which will allow me to use the internet and such on my computers by plugging it into the usb ports. So i was wondering if anyone tried this with their ps2 or know of whether or not it works? If it works and is a hard setup, can anyone share on how to do it? Im saying other than plugging it in and setting up the account for the network... anything other than that? Well thanks!

duboy1

2. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

If you can get it to work on your PC, then it will work on your PS2. I recommend using DHCP in the router setup. It makes setup of the PS2 network adapter much easier.

*You still must have a Network Adapter for your PS2*

3. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

Thanks. I will try that. But the only problem i can see of right now is that on my current router, i have a pppoe connection from verizon dsl. So i will just have to figure out how to get the connection to work with that because i dont think verizon verifies the dhcp connection. Will try it though when i get the router. Thanks. I will reply with any trouble when it arrives.

duboy1

4. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

Assuming its an external modem:

Connection order:
    Phone line to DSL Modem
    DSL Modem to Router
    Router to PS2