1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 USB problems Help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Sonikku, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Sonikku

Sonikku Member

None of my online enabled games detect my BroadBand Adapter(Go.net USB). I think there may a problem with my USB port. Can anyone give me information about it or anything that might help, like how to test or repair it. Thanks.

2. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

are you trying to connect your ps2 to play online games? you don't connect to USB for online gaming. It suppose to be Network Adapter that you're suppose to connect on the ps2.

3. Sonikku

Sonikku Member

I have a USB BroadBand adapter for PS2.

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Online enabled PS2 games are designed to look for the offical Sony Network Adapter that plugs into the expansion port on the back of the PS2. As a result, it doesn't supprise me that your USB network adapter isn't being recognized. I would suggest getting an official PS2 Network Adapter and seeing if the problem goes away. I don't believe your USB ports are bad because of this. If you have any PS2 software that used a keyboard you can plug a USB keyboard into the PS2 to test the USB ports.

5. Sonikku

Sonikku Member

I think you're misinformed. In the instruction video it shows clearly that NFL 2k3 detects the BBA. As well as Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4, and theres even the option of selecting a USB adapter in the network options.