1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 USB Voltage

Discussion in 'PS2' started by EddyC, Apr 15, 2004.

1. EddyC

EddyC Member

Does anyone know what the output power on the ps2s USB ports. From my own test, the ps2 can't even power my lit-up case fan ::via the network adapter:: but using the usb port i can charge up my GBASP ::with adapter from Gamestop::. But i'm gonna mod my new 1 with a clear case and some neon blue usb powered lights but i don't want to spend 20 bucks on something that won't work or will hardly light at all.
    OH YA my ps2 died today so =/ i have to get another 1.
    Thx -Eddy

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well dude its 5V... every usb device today that uses usb to power up its a 5V... some devices need extra power such as scanners n few more things... mouse cams keys n some others work normally under usb... no power supply needed... cold catode can be used in the usb... add only the red and black to the usb plug and youl see it lit up... since cold catode uses 5V it wont be a problem for usb to power it up... remmber to use low amp fans for this... 0.3 and 0.2 should work fine... if not you can always use a 9V bat to power it up with a switch...