1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 v1 Duo2 SE goofy problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by awiz13, Dec 14, 2004.

1. awiz13

awiz13 Member

I installed a Duo2 SE into my v1 010 bios recently. The PS2 will now boot backup movies on Fujifilm DVD-R's, PS1's on Sony CD-R's, and even PS2 CD games on Sony CD-R's. It just won't boot the blasted DVD backup PS2 games. I was wondering if it could still be an install problem, but I CAN load the CD format PS2 games, so...

I have tried [bold]Fujifilm DVD-R's[/bold], [bold]Memorex DVD+R's[/bold], and [bold]Verbatim Datalife DVD-R's[/bold] with [bold]Games X Copy[/bold] as well as [bold]RecordNow MAX with Px Helper[/bold]. Nothing's gettin' the job done. I'm totally stumped and don't know which direction to head! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks
    AwiZ

2. halo13

halo13 Regular member

Im having the exact same problem. Everything else works but the DVD ps2 backups. Even some movies i've backed up. I have a duo 2 SE as well. the only game that ever booted on my ps2 that was a backup was GTA: San andreas. but i didn't burn that one. the guy that moded my ps2 did. but recently it has not been booting it. some times i can hear that the disk has been read but i get the "please insert a playstation 2 format disk" wich im guessing means that i can read the dvd but the mod chip wont stay on long enough to boot. on my friends advice im going to try to insall a new laser. sorry i cant be any help but i guess is not other choice for us.