1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 v10 PAL Cogswap Exploit help plz

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by JER2000, Sep 6, 2004.

1. JER2000

JER2000 Member

Hello
    I have some question , thx for the answer :
    1)I'm going to buy a SwapMagic 3 (does it is the 3.2 cd ?) , does it work good with ps2 v10 pal?
    If not , explanation plz !
    2)I want to use the cogswap exploit (i don't know why but i see everywhere that it's used with swapmagic ;) ,if you can explain me )
    Can i get a PAL exploit or it work on both version plz?
    3) I see somewhere that i can also put the swapmagic 3 on mem card , does it is possible and if yes how? Bcz it 's a one swap less !
    4) If the swap magic 3 cd doesn't work , can i put the cogswap exploit or the swap magic 3 cd on dvd and load it like the cd exploit?
    Thx for the answer !

2. aznbound

aznbound Regular member

Usually, swap magic cd has lots of problems for version 9/10 ps2's so people use dvdloader. the exploit actually needs more swaps. it can boot cds and dvds but to install it, u need swap magic cd or something to boot it in the first place. you create the exploit yourself. its like swap magic disks but u can use your own psx games for booting as a replacement.

i have the exploit and it boots pretty much all my backups. it may get irritating to do so much swaps though. it isnt really needed if your swap magic disks work.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion. - Sephiroth[/small]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2004
  3. JER2000

JER2000 Member

Thx for the info but... can i install an exploit from swap magic dvd to run cd backup (like cogswap) ?
    Cz if not , i can't play my backup and it won't be cheap to burn all dvd game on dvdr
    And last... does the ps2 read dvd-(or + with lite on toolz)rw backups with swap magic or other boot dvd ?
    Thx

ps : (Can i put cd games or rip on dvd ? or it's not possible?)

4. aznbound

aznbound Regular member

u can download dvdloader and boot it with swap magic dvd. then use the dvdloader to boot the exploit. your ps2 should read -r, not all read +r. same goes for rw. most ps2's cant read rw.

5. JER2000

JER2000 Member

thx !
    Can you explain me how (and where to download) to put the exploit (pal) on a dvd. Plz
    Bye

6. aznbound

aznbound Regular member