1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 v12 whats the best upgrade or mod to do???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by cncboy, Jan 13, 2007.

1. cncboy

cncboy Member

would it be better to put in a mod chip like (crystal) or try to find a hd combo? and were can i get them installed?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Go to Teammodders.com
    They did mine. Depends on home much you are willing to spend to have a top notch system. If money is not a problem then this is what you should do.
    DMS4 Pro SE modchip
    HD Combo Case
    300GB Western Digital hard drive
    and of course with a V12 you need a laser fix with a modchip
    then you can go to decalgirl.com and buy a skin to give it the appearance you like.

That is about as good as the system will ever get.
    The Crystal chip V2.0 is also a good chip and has the auto patching feature for online play. But the DMS4 Pro SE has built in cheat device and built in HD Loader for running a hard drive. You would have to manually patch the games but with the crystal chip you have to buy the HD Loader or HD Advance discs to run the hard drive which is another $35

the choice is your. Personally i do not play PS2 online becaue i have an Xbox which is much easier for online. No patching of anything and more games available on the free online systems (Xlink Kai, and for Xbox only XBconnect)

3. cncboy

cncboy Member

steimy,
    thanks for the info, my eight year old thanks you!!!

4. cncboy

cncboy Member

got all the bells from teammodders.com. dms4 se modchip,and hd combo case. works perfect.

5. 2HOTT4U

2HOTT4U Guest

u should also get a laser fix, v12's hav laser issues

6. 2HOTT4U

2HOTT4U Guest

u should also get a laser fix, v12's hav laser issues, it could burn up any second...