1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 v2 dvdr help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by pcasnc, Feb 2, 2004.

1. pcasnc

pcasnc Member

Hey,

I know you guys must get asked questions like this alot but I have been looking around alot in these forums and hvae not been able to find an answer. My question is what type of media (dvd-r or dvd+r) and what brand (verbatim, sony, ect..) should i use for my v2 ps2. I just got in the mail my flip top case with my swap magic discs, and I know not everyone around here likes them but I didnt want to solder.. but I would really like the help with the dvdr media question..

And also i heard that some ps2s just dont takes any dvdrs, is that true? and if so, what versions do that??

thanks for the help.

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

v1-v3 has to be most annoying ver of ps2 yet... cuz they have this thing with dvd-r.... and ONLY dvd-r... and they like read few brands aswell... you better try vibratim... TDK... pioneer... and ritek... one of them should work... if one does stick to it...

3. pcasnc

pcasnc Member

hey,
    thanks for the help..

let me ask you two more questions.. how often is it that the ps2 takes no dvd-r, and out of those four brands which is the most common to work, or can they all work??
    thanks

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

it can read all of them... sometimes it can read one brand... maybe 2.. so try them all!! a ps2 will ALWAYS read dvd-r... even if the oldest build scph-10000 they HAVE to read dvd-r... since it's the base for all dvd's we see today...

5. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

if you have problesm getting it to read backups...it might be your laser...i have a v1 i tried to get modded but it wouldnt read the backups