1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 V4 1c Magic chip 3.1 question (Problems)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Kaouri, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Kaouri

Kaouri Guest

This is driving me nuts and i have some questions. Let me tell you whats happening first

1) Sometimes when the system boots from either dvd or cd the ps2 logo looks different. the word playstation2 is blured surrounded by a grey box.

2) Sometimes things seem like they are loaded to quickly (Example- speech will be cut off at the begining of a cut scene) this happens with ALOT of my games not just 1 or 2 of them

3) Sometimes games load to a black screen after the ps2 logo. Again this happens with cdr or dvdr

4)Games seem to spin about 7 seconds in the tray. I know games initialize but this seems to take alot longer than they use to

Anyways my ps2 read cdr and dvd games fine before the mod so i didn't mod something that was already busted. So my main question is should i have the guy i took it to fix it? He said my ps2 v4 1c is a harder version to mod but there are problems that lead me to believe something other than what he's saying might have happened

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I encounter most of your problems except 2. and 4.

Point 1. - This comes up with an unofficial PS2 memory card (on mine it does anyway) take it out and see.....

Point 2. Sometimes the Magic gets a little screwed......just hit reset and it boots up (works on mine)